Emilia Clarke Gushes Over Madonna's 'Game of Thrones' Look: 'She Looks Good'
Madonna dressed up as Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons from popular HBO series "Game of Thrones", to celebrate Jewish holiday Purim over the weekend and shared the photo on her Instagram. Upon learning of the news, cast members of the fantasy series could not contain their excitement.
Emilia Clarke, who plays the character, praised the singer in an interview with Access Hollywood. "Oh my goodness. It's insane. I thought I was asleep, I thought I was dreaming," she said of Madonna channeling her character. "It's a huge moment. And, damn! She looks good," she added during the series' season 4 premiere at Lincoln Center in New York City on Tuesday, March 18.
"I got really, really excited. Madonna's always been a favorite of mine. I love her strength and her transformative nature and the idea that she might be dressing up as a brilliant character in the TV show I'm in is pretty exciting," said Gwendoline Christie, who plays Brienne of Tarth.
Carice van Houten, meanwhile, jokingly said that Madonna should have dressed as her character Melisandre, the Red Priestess. "I was like, 'Why's she not wearing the red dress, man?' No, I completely get it. It's such a great honor for my youth idol to dress up like someone that I'm working with," she explained. "But the fact that Jack Nicholson and Snoop Dogg and Samuel L. Jackson are watching the show - it's pretty cool too."
Other cast members who commented on Madonna's "Game of Thrones" look included giant Hodor depicter Kristian Nairn and John Bradley who plays Samwell Tarly. "That's kind of a sign how big 'Game of Thrones' has got. The Queen of Pop is wearing a Daenerys costume. I completely freaked out," Nairn said, while Bradley added, "Things like this are just amazing. It's when you know that you're really kind of pressing the right kind of cultural buttons." Sophie Turner said that it was "amazing" and Alfie Allen commented that it was "fabulous."
More Emilia Clarke News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season