'The Voice' Hires Chris Martin as Guest Mentor for Battle Rounds
Chris Martin will share some words of wisdom to "The Voice" contestants. The Coldplay frontman has been tapped to serve as a mentor for Battles: Round Two in season 6 that will air beginning Monday, March 31.
The British musician will advise contestants from Team Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Shakira and Usher on vocal techniques, stage presence and tailoring songs to fit their persona and strengths. The episodes are already taped.
"He's such an authentic voice in the industry. We could not be happier," executive producer Mark Burnett says. "There's a massive level of respect from the singers and the surprise from them (when they met him) : 'Whoa! Chris Martin. Wow!' "
Battles: Round Two replaces the Knockout Round where singers had different songs. The producers decide to have more Battle Rounds which feature singers performing the same song because "we like the pressure when they're sharing one song."
The first Battle Rounds began this week. On Tuesday, March 18, Shakira pitted Clarissa Serna against Jeremy Briggs for a rendition of "Cold as Ice" by Foreigner. She declared Clarissa as the winner, agreeing with Adam and Blake. She later chose Ddendyl over Lindsay Pagano following their duet of "I Feel the Earth Move" by Carole King.
Adam kept Delvin Choice who competed with Caleb Elder for a spot in his team with their cover of "The Man". The Maroon 5 frontman also stole Brittnee Camelle who was dumped by Usher in favor of Melissa Jimenez. Usher also kept Morgan Wallen and sent home Brothers Walker.
Blake, meanwhile, paired Megan Reger with Ria Eaton for a performance of "My Happy Ending" and decided to save the former.
More The Voice News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny