'The Voice' Hires Chris Martin as Guest Mentor for Battle Rounds
Chris Martin will share some words of wisdom to "The Voice" contestants. The Coldplay frontman has been tapped to serve as a mentor for Battles: Round Two in season 6 that will air beginning Monday, March 31.
The British musician will advise contestants from Team Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Shakira and Usher on vocal techniques, stage presence and tailoring songs to fit their persona and strengths. The episodes are already taped.
"He's such an authentic voice in the industry. We could not be happier," executive producer Mark Burnett says. "There's a massive level of respect from the singers and the surprise from them (when they met him) : 'Whoa! Chris Martin. Wow!' "
Battles: Round Two replaces the Knockout Round where singers had different songs. The producers decide to have more Battle Rounds which feature singers performing the same song because "we like the pressure when they're sharing one song."
The first Battle Rounds began this week. On Tuesday, March 18, Shakira pitted Clarissa Serna against Jeremy Briggs for a rendition of "Cold as Ice" by Foreigner. She declared Clarissa as the winner, agreeing with Adam and Blake. She later chose Ddendyl over Lindsay Pagano following their duet of "I Feel the Earth Move" by Carole King.
Adam kept Delvin Choice who competed with Caleb Elder for a spot in his team with their cover of "The Man". The Maroon 5 frontman also stole Brittnee Camelle who was dumped by Usher in favor of Melissa Jimenez. Usher also kept Morgan Wallen and sent home Brothers Walker.
Blake, meanwhile, paired Megan Reger with Ria Eaton for a performance of "My Happy Ending" and decided to save the former.
More The Voice News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage