Cody Simpson Releases New Single 'Surfboard'
Cody Simpson has just dropped his newest single called "Surfboard". Hitting iTunes on Tuesday, March 18, the catchy and summery track features maturer vocals and lyrics from the Australia-born singer.
"So come on/ Let the ocean takes us away/ Till we see the daylight/ Come and I know that it's getting late/ But we wanna stay," he sings before channeling Beyonce Knowles' "Drunk in Love", singing, "She on my surfboard, board, board, board."
However, Bey's hit didn't inspire Simpson's "Surfboard". In an interview with MTV News, the "Dancing with the Stars" contestant revealed that that his song was recorded before the songstress' collab with her husband Jay-Z arrived late last year.
"Everyone was like, 'Beyonce did that' and I had the idea for a while. And then Beyonce's came out and I absolutely love that song, but when I heard it I didn't know if it was going to affect my idea at all," he said. "And at the end of the day I thought about it so much and I thought 'Hey it's a part of pop culture right now,' if I was going to release this song it would probably be the best time to do it, so I decided why not just go along with it now."
More Cody Simpson News
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance