Cody Simpson Releases New Single 'Surfboard'
Cody Simpson has just dropped his newest single called "Surfboard". Hitting iTunes on Tuesday, March 18, the catchy and summery track features maturer vocals and lyrics from the Australia-born singer.
"So come on/ Let the ocean takes us away/ Till we see the daylight/ Come and I know that it's getting late/ But we wanna stay," he sings before channeling Beyonce Knowles' "Drunk in Love", singing, "She on my surfboard, board, board, board."
However, Bey's hit didn't inspire Simpson's "Surfboard". In an interview with MTV News, the "Dancing with the Stars" contestant revealed that that his song was recorded before the songstress' collab with her husband Jay-Z arrived late last year.
"Everyone was like, 'Beyonce did that' and I had the idea for a while. And then Beyonce's came out and I absolutely love that song, but when I heard it I didn't know if it was going to affect my idea at all," he said. "And at the end of the day I thought about it so much and I thought 'Hey it's a part of pop culture right now,' if I was going to release this song it would probably be the best time to do it, so I decided why not just go along with it now."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?