Cody Simpson Releases New Single 'Surfboard'
Cody Simpson has just dropped his newest single called "Surfboard". Hitting iTunes on Tuesday, March 18, the catchy and summery track features maturer vocals and lyrics from the Australia-born singer.
"So come on/ Let the ocean takes us away/ Till we see the daylight/ Come and I know that it's getting late/ But we wanna stay," he sings before channeling Beyonce Knowles' "Drunk in Love", singing, "She on my surfboard, board, board, board."
However, Bey's hit didn't inspire Simpson's "Surfboard". In an interview with MTV News, the "Dancing with the Stars" contestant revealed that that his song was recorded before the songstress' collab with her husband Jay-Z arrived late last year.
"Everyone was like, 'Beyonce did that' and I had the idea for a while. And then Beyonce's came out and I absolutely love that song, but when I heard it I didn't know if it was going to affect my idea at all," he said. "And at the end of the day I thought about it so much and I thought 'Hey it's a part of pop culture right now,' if I was going to release this song it would probably be the best time to do it, so I decided why not just go along with it now."
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Linkin Park's Frontman Chester Bennington Commits Suicide at 41
- Hulu Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Marvel's Runaways', 'Mindy Project' and More
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'