Cody Simpson Releases New Single 'Surfboard'
Cody Simpson has just dropped his newest single called "Surfboard". Hitting iTunes on Tuesday, March 18, the catchy and summery track features maturer vocals and lyrics from the Australia-born singer.
"So come on/ Let the ocean takes us away/ Till we see the daylight/ Come and I know that it's getting late/ But we wanna stay," he sings before channeling Beyonce Knowles' "Drunk in Love", singing, "She on my surfboard, board, board, board."
However, Bey's hit didn't inspire Simpson's "Surfboard". In an interview with MTV News, the "Dancing with the Stars" contestant revealed that that his song was recorded before the songstress' collab with her husband Jay-Z arrived late last year.
"Everyone was like, 'Beyonce did that' and I had the idea for a while. And then Beyonce's came out and I absolutely love that song, but when I heard it I didn't know if it was going to affect my idea at all," he said. "And at the end of the day I thought about it so much and I thought 'Hey it's a part of pop culture right now,' if I was going to release this song it would probably be the best time to do it, so I decided why not just go along with it now."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce