Cody Simpson Releases New Single 'Surfboard'
Cody Simpson has just dropped his newest single called "Surfboard". Hitting iTunes on Tuesday, March 18, the catchy and summery track features maturer vocals and lyrics from the Australia-born singer.
"So come on/ Let the ocean takes us away/ Till we see the daylight/ Come and I know that it's getting late/ But we wanna stay," he sings before channeling Beyonce Knowles' "Drunk in Love", singing, "She on my surfboard, board, board, board."
However, Bey's hit didn't inspire Simpson's "Surfboard". In an interview with MTV News, the "Dancing with the Stars" contestant revealed that that his song was recorded before the songstress' collab with her husband Jay-Z arrived late last year.
"Everyone was like, 'Beyonce did that' and I had the idea for a while. And then Beyonce's came out and I absolutely love that song, but when I heard it I didn't know if it was going to affect my idea at all," he said. "And at the end of the day I thought about it so much and I thought 'Hey it's a part of pop culture right now,' if I was going to release this song it would probably be the best time to do it, so I decided why not just go along with it now."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic