Kate Winslet Explains Son's Name, Bear Blaze
Kate Winslet stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, March 18. During the appearance, the "Divergent" actress talked about her youngest child's an unusual name, Bear Blaze Winslet. She then explained that her older children Mia and Joe took part in the process.
"When I was pregnant with Mia and I was pregnant with Joe, I didn't name them before they came out because I always felt like I just have to see them and see who they're going to be," she explained. "But of course this time around, there's Mia and Joe and the whole pregnancy's about what are we going to call the baby. ... They were very much included."
"We settled on Bear quite early on," she continued. "A friend of mine when I was younger was nicknamed Bear, and I just had always really loved it and he was very much a bear - he was everyone's shoulder to cry on, he was a big bear hug, he was just this great figure in my life - and I just always remembered him and that's where it came from."
"And then Bear's second name is Blaze because my husband and I met in a house fire basically ... and the house burned down and we survived. But we wanted something of the fire," the "Titanic" actress said. The house belonged to her husband Ned Rocknroll's uncle Richard Branson. She and her husband first met in 2011 and they got married in December 2012.
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap