Kate Winslet Explains Son's Name, Bear Blaze
Kate Winslet stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, March 18. During the appearance, the "Divergent" actress talked about her youngest child's an unusual name, Bear Blaze Winslet. She then explained that her older children Mia and Joe took part in the process.
"When I was pregnant with Mia and I was pregnant with Joe, I didn't name them before they came out because I always felt like I just have to see them and see who they're going to be," she explained. "But of course this time around, there's Mia and Joe and the whole pregnancy's about what are we going to call the baby. ... They were very much included."
"We settled on Bear quite early on," she continued. "A friend of mine when I was younger was nicknamed Bear, and I just had always really loved it and he was very much a bear - he was everyone's shoulder to cry on, he was a big bear hug, he was just this great figure in my life - and I just always remembered him and that's where it came from."
"And then Bear's second name is Blaze because my husband and I met in a house fire basically ... and the house burned down and we survived. But we wanted something of the fire," the "Titanic" actress said. The house belonged to her husband Ned Rocknroll's uncle Richard Branson. She and her husband first met in 2011 and they got married in December 2012.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch