Kate Winslet Explains Son's Name, Bear Blaze
Kate Winslet stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, March 18. During the appearance, the "Divergent" actress talked about her youngest child's an unusual name, Bear Blaze Winslet. She then explained that her older children Mia and Joe took part in the process.
"When I was pregnant with Mia and I was pregnant with Joe, I didn't name them before they came out because I always felt like I just have to see them and see who they're going to be," she explained. "But of course this time around, there's Mia and Joe and the whole pregnancy's about what are we going to call the baby. ... They were very much included."
"We settled on Bear quite early on," she continued. "A friend of mine when I was younger was nicknamed Bear, and I just had always really loved it and he was very much a bear - he was everyone's shoulder to cry on, he was a big bear hug, he was just this great figure in my life - and I just always remembered him and that's where it came from."
"And then Bear's second name is Blaze because my husband and I met in a house fire basically ... and the house burned down and we survived. But we wanted something of the fire," the "Titanic" actress said. The house belonged to her husband Ned Rocknroll's uncle Richard Branson. She and her husband first met in 2011 and they got married in December 2012.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound