Justin Bieber: Shaky Sobriety Test Was Caused by Broken Foot
Justin Bieber, who was arrested on suspicion of DUI in Miami Beach in January, was ordered to do a sobriety test at Miami-Dade County Jail. In a police video which was released in February, Bieber seemingly swayed when he walked the line. The pop star, however, insisted that the apparent shaky steps were not caused by drugs, but broken foot.
As reported by The Associated Press, Bieber told the police that he broke his right foot while playing skateboard three months earlier. The officer noted that Bieber appeared to have swayed, had leg tremors and winced as if in pain while carrying out the test. "He appeared to have great difficulty," read a Miami Beach police document released on Tuesday, March 18. The injury, however, was never mentioned before or after the test.
Bieber was "agitated and condescending" when he was in custody, the report added. "I'm 19 years old. I'm just out having a good time. What were you doing when you were 19?" the star was quoted as saying. When the officer answered that he did not drive Lamborghini at that age, Bieber replied, "Yeah, well, I bet you didn't have millions of dollars in your bank account either."
Bieber was arrested on January 23 for DUI, driving with a suspended license and resisting arrest. The pop star, who was arrested with an R&B singer called Khalil Amir Sharieff, has pleaded not guilty to the charges. According to the report, Bieber also said that at that time he and his security teams in Cadillac Escalade SUVs were trying to avoid paparazzi. Bieber's trial date is set for May 5.
More Justin Bieber News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal