Disney Announces 'Incredibles 2' and 'Cars 3' as Pixar's New Projects
A sequel to superhero animation flick "The Incredibles" and a third installment to family adventure film "Cars" are officially in the works at Pixar. Disney's CEO Bob Iger announced the two projects at a shareholder meeting in Portland, Ore.
"Brad Bird is already working on a great story for a new Incredibles film," spilled Iger. Bird is the director of the first "Incredibles" film. He is currently finishing the Mouse House's live action "Tomorrowland", starring George Clooney, which is slated for a May 22, 2015 release.
The original "Incredibles" film was a commercial and critical success when it was released in 2004. Centering on a family of superhero, it went on to collect over $631 million worldwide and to pocket various coveted awards including two Oscars.
The first "Cars" movie, meanwhile, arrived in 2006. It spawned a theme park, a sequel "Cars 2" in 2011, and a spin-off "Planes" in 2013, which eventually became a franchise of its own with the second installment , "Planes: Fire & Rescue", due July 18 this year.
Other new Pixar projects include "Inside Out (2015)" (June 19, 2015) which takes place inside the mind of an 11-year-old girl, "The Good Dinosaur" (November 25, 2015) where human and the ancient animals co-exist, and "Finding Nemo" follow-up, "Finding Dory", due June 17, 2016.
In addition, Disney plans to re-release 2007's "Ratatouille" and the original "Incredibles" in 3D.
It's official: we're currently working on new films featuring your favorite characters from The Incredibles and Cars! pic.twitter.com/HzdvF0rvpA— Disney-Pixar (@DisneyPixar) March 18, 2014
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending