Rolling Stones' Australian Tour Axed Following L'Wren Scott's Death
The Rolling Stones has decided to postpone their tour Down Under. The legendary band announced the news after frontman Mick Jagger decided to axe plan to play seven gigs in Australia and New Zealand due to the death of his longtime girlfriend L'Wren Scott.
"The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their 14 ON FIRE tour of Australia and New Zealand following the death of L'Wren Scott," the band said in a statement issued on Tuesday, March 18.
"Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement," they continued. "The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date."
The Oceania leg of The Rolling Stones' "14 on Fire" tour was supposed to begin on March 19 in Perth, Australia and conclude on April 5 in Auckland, New Zealand. Jagger canceled his scheduled show after learning that Scott, a fashion designer whom he's been dating for more than a decade, was found dead of apparent suicide in her Manhattan apartment on Monday.
"I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way," Jagger said in a statement released on Tuesday. "We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves. She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me. I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie