Rolling Stones' Australian Tour Axed Following L'Wren Scott's Death
The Rolling Stones has decided to postpone their tour Down Under. The legendary band announced the news after frontman Mick Jagger decided to axe plan to play seven gigs in Australia and New Zealand due to the death of his longtime girlfriend L'Wren Scott.
"The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their 14 ON FIRE tour of Australia and New Zealand following the death of L'Wren Scott," the band said in a statement issued on Tuesday, March 18.
"Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement," they continued. "The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date."
The Oceania leg of The Rolling Stones' "14 on Fire" tour was supposed to begin on March 19 in Perth, Australia and conclude on April 5 in Auckland, New Zealand. Jagger canceled his scheduled show after learning that Scott, a fashion designer whom he's been dating for more than a decade, was found dead of apparent suicide in her Manhattan apartment on Monday.
"I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way," Jagger said in a statement released on Tuesday. "We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves. She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me. I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received."
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'