Mick Jagger Pays Tribute to L'Wren Scott: 'I Will Never Forget Her'
Mick Jagger has released a heartfelt tribute following the death of his designer girlfriend L'Wren Scott. The designer was found dead by her assistant on Monday, March 17 of apparent suicide. Jagger, who was in Australia when she died, released a statement on Facebook on Tuesday.
"I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way," he wrote. "We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves."
"I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received," he continued. "I will never forget her."
Previously, a representative for Jagger said that the rocker was "completely shocked and devastated by the news." The Rolling Stones' seven-date tour in Australia and New Zealand has been postponed "as a result of the death of L'Wren Scott." As quoted by USA Today, the band says, "Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement."
Jagger's model daughter Georgia May Jagger also canceled her appearance in a modeling gig in Melbourne following the sad news. She reportedly headed back to the U.S. to be with her family.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist