Mick Jagger Pays Tribute to L'Wren Scott: 'I Will Never Forget Her'
Mick Jagger has released a heartfelt tribute following the death of his designer girlfriend L'Wren Scott. The designer was found dead by her assistant on Monday, March 17 of apparent suicide. Jagger, who was in Australia when she died, released a statement on Facebook on Tuesday.
"I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way," he wrote. "We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves."
"I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received," he continued. "I will never forget her."
Previously, a representative for Jagger said that the rocker was "completely shocked and devastated by the news." The Rolling Stones' seven-date tour in Australia and New Zealand has been postponed "as a result of the death of L'Wren Scott." As quoted by USA Today, the band says, "Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement."
Jagger's model daughter Georgia May Jagger also canceled her appearance in a modeling gig in Melbourne following the sad news. She reportedly headed back to the U.S. to be with her family.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics