Mick Jagger Pays Tribute to L'Wren Scott: 'I Will Never Forget Her'
Mick Jagger has released a heartfelt tribute following the death of his designer girlfriend L'Wren Scott. The designer was found dead by her assistant on Monday, March 17 of apparent suicide. Jagger, who was in Australia when she died, released a statement on Facebook on Tuesday.
"I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way," he wrote. "We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves."
"I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received," he continued. "I will never forget her."
Previously, a representative for Jagger said that the rocker was "completely shocked and devastated by the news." The Rolling Stones' seven-date tour in Australia and New Zealand has been postponed "as a result of the death of L'Wren Scott." As quoted by USA Today, the band says, "Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement."
Jagger's model daughter Georgia May Jagger also canceled her appearance in a modeling gig in Melbourne following the sad news. She reportedly headed back to the U.S. to be with her family.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says