Whoopi Goldberg Becomes a Great-Grandmother
Whoopi Goldberg is now a great-grandmother. The 58-year-old actress' granddaughter Amarah Dean, 25, gave birth to a baby girl on Saturday, March 15. Dean names her newborn daughter Charlie Rose.
The "Ghost" star shared the good news during a Monday episode of "The View". "I have a crazy announcement. I am proud to tell you all and introduce you to the newest addition to my family. This is my great-granddaughter and she came into the world on Saturday," she said while holding a photo. In addition to the newborn granddaughter, the actress has a daughter and three grandchildren.
During the same episode, Goldberg also talked about banning LGBT community from New York City's St. Patrick's Day parade. "[Gay marchers are] not having sex as they walk, it's crazy!" she commented. "You know it's not like the Halloween parade where sometimes it's a little risque. This is the LGBT community!"
Earlier this month, she appeared in a video released by The Human Rights. In the video, Goldberg speaks out against anti-gay legislation in Uganda and Nigeria. "It isn't right to imprison someone for who they are, for who they love," she said in the 2-minute clip.
More Whoopi Goldberg News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch