Whoopi Goldberg Becomes a Great-Grandmother
Whoopi Goldberg is now a great-grandmother. The 58-year-old actress' granddaughter Amarah Dean, 25, gave birth to a baby girl on Saturday, March 15. Dean names her newborn daughter Charlie Rose.
The "Ghost" star shared the good news during a Monday episode of "The View". "I have a crazy announcement. I am proud to tell you all and introduce you to the newest addition to my family. This is my great-granddaughter and she came into the world on Saturday," she said while holding a photo. In addition to the newborn granddaughter, the actress has a daughter and three grandchildren.
During the same episode, Goldberg also talked about banning LGBT community from New York City's St. Patrick's Day parade. "[Gay marchers are] not having sex as they walk, it's crazy!" she commented. "You know it's not like the Halloween parade where sometimes it's a little risque. This is the LGBT community!"
Earlier this month, she appeared in a video released by The Human Rights. In the video, Goldberg speaks out against anti-gay legislation in Uganda and Nigeria. "It isn't right to imprison someone for who they are, for who they love," she said in the 2-minute clip.
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR