Whoopi Goldberg Becomes a Great-Grandmother
Whoopi Goldberg is now a great-grandmother. The 58-year-old actress' granddaughter Amarah Dean, 25, gave birth to a baby girl on Saturday, March 15. Dean names her newborn daughter Charlie Rose.
The "Ghost" star shared the good news during a Monday episode of "The View". "I have a crazy announcement. I am proud to tell you all and introduce you to the newest addition to my family. This is my great-granddaughter and she came into the world on Saturday," she said while holding a photo. In addition to the newborn granddaughter, the actress has a daughter and three grandchildren.
During the same episode, Goldberg also talked about banning LGBT community from New York City's St. Patrick's Day parade. "[Gay marchers are] not having sex as they walk, it's crazy!" she commented. "You know it's not like the Halloween parade where sometimes it's a little risque. This is the LGBT community!"
Earlier this month, she appeared in a video released by The Human Rights. In the video, Goldberg speaks out against anti-gay legislation in Uganda and Nigeria. "It isn't right to imprison someone for who they are, for who they love," she said in the 2-minute clip.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage