Whoopi Goldberg Becomes a Great-Grandmother
Whoopi Goldberg is now a great-grandmother. The 58-year-old actress' granddaughter Amarah Dean, 25, gave birth to a baby girl on Saturday, March 15. Dean names her newborn daughter Charlie Rose.
The "Ghost" star shared the good news during a Monday episode of "The View". "I have a crazy announcement. I am proud to tell you all and introduce you to the newest addition to my family. This is my great-granddaughter and she came into the world on Saturday," she said while holding a photo. In addition to the newborn granddaughter, the actress has a daughter and three grandchildren.
During the same episode, Goldberg also talked about banning LGBT community from New York City's St. Patrick's Day parade. "[Gay marchers are] not having sex as they walk, it's crazy!" she commented. "You know it's not like the Halloween parade where sometimes it's a little risque. This is the LGBT community!"
Earlier this month, she appeared in a video released by The Human Rights. In the video, Goldberg speaks out against anti-gay legislation in Uganda and Nigeria. "It isn't right to imprison someone for who they are, for who they love," she said in the 2-minute clip.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered