Whoopi Goldberg Becomes a Great-Grandmother
Whoopi Goldberg is now a great-grandmother. The 58-year-old actress' granddaughter Amarah Dean, 25, gave birth to a baby girl on Saturday, March 15. Dean names her newborn daughter Charlie Rose.
The "Ghost" star shared the good news during a Monday episode of "The View". "I have a crazy announcement. I am proud to tell you all and introduce you to the newest addition to my family. This is my great-granddaughter and she came into the world on Saturday," she said while holding a photo. In addition to the newborn granddaughter, the actress has a daughter and three grandchildren.
During the same episode, Goldberg also talked about banning LGBT community from New York City's St. Patrick's Day parade. "[Gay marchers are] not having sex as they walk, it's crazy!" she commented. "You know it's not like the Halloween parade where sometimes it's a little risque. This is the LGBT community!"
Earlier this month, she appeared in a video released by The Human Rights. In the video, Goldberg speaks out against anti-gay legislation in Uganda and Nigeria. "It isn't right to imprison someone for who they are, for who they love," she said in the 2-minute clip.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting