'The Voice': Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Shakira Steal Singers as Battle Rounds Begin
And so the battle begins on "The Voice". On Monday, March 17, coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Shakira and Usher paired their singers for a duet and later had to choose which one they wanted to keep. At the same time, other coaches had a chance to steal a contestant from the original coach.
Usher's Biff Gore and T.J. Wilkins took the stage first, covering The Temptations' "Ain't Too Proud to Beg". Though they had different styles, the coaches agreed that it's a tie in terms of pure vocal technique. Usher decided to keep T.J. because he's a fighter, but Blake saved Biff by stealing him.
Blake later pitted Jake Worthington against Lexi Luca for a performance of "It Goes Like This" by Thomas Rhett. Lexi was a bit off-key in her solo moments. Usher and Adam were rooting for Jake and Blake agreed with them, choosing Jake over Lexi although he flubbed some lyrics.
Dani Moz and DeShawn Washington of Team Shakira were battling it out during their performance of "My Kind of Love" by Emeli Sande. Adam said he couldn't pick a winner, while Blake and Usher said DeShawn surprised them, but eventually Shakira chose to keep Dani.
Adam put Kat Perkins in a battle against Patrick Thomson. They had a duet of "Whenever I Call You Friend" by Kenny Loggins and Stevie Nicks which was very entertaining. In the end, Kat's strong vocal outshone Patrick's. Adam chose Kat, but Patrick wasn't sent home just yet as Shakira stole him.
Paula Deanda and Sisaundra Lewis of Team Blake were dueling during a rendition of "Do What U Want" by Lady GaGa. Usher and Shakira said they would go with Sisaundra which was an obvious choice since she wowed the crowd with her high notes. Blake indeed declared Sisaundra as the winner.
Jake Barker and Stevie Jo were the last pair to perform that night, singing "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood. Shakira couldn't decide between the two and Adam said he would steal whoever Usher didn't choose. When Usher chose to keep Stevie, the three other coaches were fighting over Jake, who eventually landed on Team Adam.
Adam, Blake and Shakira already used one of their two steals, while Usher hasn't used any.
More The Voice News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked