Angus T. Jones on 'Two and a Half Men' Exit: I Insulted Chuck Lorre's 'Baby'
Angus T. Jones has spoken up about his "Two and a Half Men" departure. In an interview with KHOU news station in Houston, Texas, the 20-year-old actor who now sports full beard revealed why he decided to quit the CBS sitcom.
"It was making light of topics in our world that are really problems for a lot of people," he said of the long-running comedy series. "And I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn't OK with it, but I was still doing it."
Jones caused a controversy in late 2012 as he branded the show "filth" and urged people not to watch it. He felt bad for the way he left the show, realizing, "That's [Chuck Lorre's] baby. And I just totally insulted his baby, and to that degree I am apologetic, but otherwise, I don't regret saying what I said."
The former Jake Harper depicter is now studying in Colorado and working with the World Harvest Outreach Church in Houston. He's not interested in returning to acting, but there's "a few different productions that do Bible-based stories" he might consider.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival