Angus T. Jones on 'Two and a Half Men' Exit: I Insulted Chuck Lorre's 'Baby'
Angus T. Jones has spoken up about his "Two and a Half Men" departure. In an interview with KHOU news station in Houston, Texas, the 20-year-old actor who now sports full beard revealed why he decided to quit the CBS sitcom.
"It was making light of topics in our world that are really problems for a lot of people," he said of the long-running comedy series. "And I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn't OK with it, but I was still doing it."
Jones caused a controversy in late 2012 as he branded the show "filth" and urged people not to watch it. He felt bad for the way he left the show, realizing, "That's [Chuck Lorre's] baby. And I just totally insulted his baby, and to that degree I am apologetic, but otherwise, I don't regret saying what I said."
The former Jake Harper depicter is now studying in Colorado and working with the World Harvest Outreach Church in Houston. He's not interested in returning to acting, but there's "a few different productions that do Bible-based stories" he might consider.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes