Angus T. Jones on 'Two and a Half Men' Exit: I Insulted Chuck Lorre's 'Baby'
Angus T. Jones has spoken up about his "Two and a Half Men" departure. In an interview with KHOU news station in Houston, Texas, the 20-year-old actor who now sports full beard revealed why he decided to quit the CBS sitcom.
"It was making light of topics in our world that are really problems for a lot of people," he said of the long-running comedy series. "And I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn't OK with it, but I was still doing it."
Jones caused a controversy in late 2012 as he branded the show "filth" and urged people not to watch it. He felt bad for the way he left the show, realizing, "That's [Chuck Lorre's] baby. And I just totally insulted his baby, and to that degree I am apologetic, but otherwise, I don't regret saying what I said."
The former Jake Harper depicter is now studying in Colorado and working with the World Harvest Outreach Church in Houston. He's not interested in returning to acting, but there's "a few different productions that do Bible-based stories" he might consider.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'