Angus T. Jones on 'Two and a Half Men' Exit: I Insulted Chuck Lorre's 'Baby'
Angus T. Jones has spoken up about his "Two and a Half Men" departure. In an interview with KHOU news station in Houston, Texas, the 20-year-old actor who now sports full beard revealed why he decided to quit the CBS sitcom.
"It was making light of topics in our world that are really problems for a lot of people," he said of the long-running comedy series. "And I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn't OK with it, but I was still doing it."
Jones caused a controversy in late 2012 as he branded the show "filth" and urged people not to watch it. He felt bad for the way he left the show, realizing, "That's [Chuck Lorre's] baby. And I just totally insulted his baby, and to that degree I am apologetic, but otherwise, I don't regret saying what I said."
The former Jake Harper depicter is now studying in Colorado and working with the World Harvest Outreach Church in Houston. He's not interested in returning to acting, but there's "a few different productions that do Bible-based stories" he might consider.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease