Angus T. Jones on 'Two and a Half Men' Exit: I Insulted Chuck Lorre's 'Baby'
Angus T. Jones has spoken up about his "Two and a Half Men" departure. In an interview with KHOU news station in Houston, Texas, the 20-year-old actor who now sports full beard revealed why he decided to quit the CBS sitcom.
"It was making light of topics in our world that are really problems for a lot of people," he said of the long-running comedy series. "And I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn't OK with it, but I was still doing it."
Jones caused a controversy in late 2012 as he branded the show "filth" and urged people not to watch it. He felt bad for the way he left the show, realizing, "That's [Chuck Lorre's] baby. And I just totally insulted his baby, and to that degree I am apologetic, but otherwise, I don't regret saying what I said."
The former Jake Harper depicter is now studying in Colorado and working with the World Harvest Outreach Church in Houston. He's not interested in returning to acting, but there's "a few different productions that do Bible-based stories" he might consider.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie