Lena Dunham: I'm Disgusted With Woody Allen's Behavior
Lena Dunham has shown her support to Dylan Farrow, who accused Woody Allen of sexually abusing her. In an interview with "WTF with Marc Maron", released on Monday, March 17, Dunham said that she was "disgusted" by the famed director, but she would not "indict" his works.
"In the latest Woody Allen debate I'm decidedly pro-Dylan Farrow and decidedly disgusted with Woody Allen's behavior," she shared. Dunham then continued expressing her view, "For me, when people go through his work and comb through it for references to child molestation, that's not the f**king point."
"I'm not gonna indict the work. I think that you can decide that you don't want to support the work of somebody who has molested a child. That's a completely appropriate choice. But going through it and saying, 'Look, he's told us in 57 ways that he rapes kids' - that's not the thing," the "Girls" creator added.
"The thing is to look at the actual evidence that exists in the world, which I think strongly suggests that Woody Allen is in the wrong," the 27-year-old star said. "But for me the point is not to go through his one-act plays looking for references to child molestation. Because I'm not comfortable living in a world where art is part of how we convict people of crimes."
"Looking at art and trying to basically decide who we can and who we can't support, it's dangerous... People who really believe Woody Allen is guilty have not felt comfortable saying that because they're so afraid to lose their connection to his work," Dunham shared. "And the thing is, I feel like people need to understand that you can hold two positions in your mind. You can know that someone's made work that's meaningful to you and also know that they have most likely molested their daughter."
Farrow detailed the alleged sexual abuse in an open letter released in February. The "Blue Jasmine" director has denied the allegations, saying that he "found the idea so ludicrous."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones