Billie Joe Armstrong and Norah Jones' 'Kentucky' Video Features Pro Surfers
Billie Joe Armstrong and Norah Jones release the latest music video for one of the tracks in their collaborative album "Foreverly". The track, "Nashville", which is a reinterpretation of The Everly Brothers' song of the same name, features pro surfers Kassia Meador and Colin Whitbread in the music video.
Meador and Whitbread star as young couple enjoying the carefree life of surfing on the beach and skinny-dipping in a lake. "The song really felt, to me, like driving down Baja," Meador told SurfLine.com about the video vision. "When you're driving on endless dirt roads and all the visuals you see along the way, and then you finally get there. Then you're just like, 'Ah, the ocean.' "
"Foreverly" was released in November last year. The project began with Armstrong's lifelong obsession of the Kentucky duo. "I've been a big fan of The Everly Brothers since I was a little boy. A couple of years ago, I discovered 'Songs Our Daddy Taught Us' for the first time, and I fell in love with it," he explained.
" 'Kentucky' is a real sweet one," Jones said in a press conference for the album. Armstrong added, "That arrangement for 'Kentucky' kind of blew my mind because I remember the way the Everlys do it, it sounds kind of like straight country."
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single