Billie Joe Armstrong and Norah Jones' 'Kentucky' Video Features Pro Surfers
Billie Joe Armstrong and Norah Jones release the latest music video for one of the tracks in their collaborative album "Foreverly". The track, "Nashville", which is a reinterpretation of The Everly Brothers' song of the same name, features pro surfers Kassia Meador and Colin Whitbread in the music video.
Meador and Whitbread star as young couple enjoying the carefree life of surfing on the beach and skinny-dipping in a lake. "The song really felt, to me, like driving down Baja," Meador told SurfLine.com about the video vision. "When you're driving on endless dirt roads and all the visuals you see along the way, and then you finally get there. Then you're just like, 'Ah, the ocean.' "
"Foreverly" was released in November last year. The project began with Armstrong's lifelong obsession of the Kentucky duo. "I've been a big fan of The Everly Brothers since I was a little boy. A couple of years ago, I discovered 'Songs Our Daddy Taught Us' for the first time, and I fell in love with it," he explained.
" 'Kentucky' is a real sweet one," Jones said in a press conference for the album. Armstrong added, "That arrangement for 'Kentucky' kind of blew my mind because I remember the way the Everlys do it, it sounds kind of like straight country."
Billie Joe Armstrong and Norah Jones' "Kentucky" music video
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- James Franco and Seth Rogen Are Developing '90s Teen Drama for Hulu
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers