'Taken' to Get Spoofed in Upcoming Movie 'Tooken'
A movie that will take aim at "Taken" is in the works. Cameron Van Hoy and John Asher, who previously made short film "Taken 3: Back to Normal" parodying the Liam Neeson starrer, will write the screenplay, while Asher serves a double duty as a director.
"Back to Normal" will be revamped into a feature film in this "Tooken" project, as Van Hoy confirmed it on Twitter, "We're turning it into a feature length spoof." The parody flick is described as a "Naked Gun"-style take on the action/revenge drama.
"Taken" franchise itself is entering its third installment. Neeson will be back reprising his role along with Maggie Grace as his daughter and Famke Janssen as her mother. The story arc is still scarce, but the "Non-Stop" actor once said he'd join as long as no one got taken.
Forest Whitaker is reportedly in talks to join the cast. Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen who wrote the first two films are expected to handle the script again for the third entry.
While waiting for the two films to arrive, fans can quench their thirst with a sneak peek of "Taken 3: Back to Normal" through this following trailer.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri