'Taken' to Get Spoofed in Upcoming Movie 'Tooken'
A movie that will take aim at "Taken" is in the works. Cameron Van Hoy and John Asher, who previously made short film "Taken 3: Back to Normal" parodying the Liam Neeson starrer, will write the screenplay, while Asher serves a double duty as a director.
"Back to Normal" will be revamped into a feature film in this "Tooken" project, as Van Hoy confirmed it on Twitter, "We're turning it into a feature length spoof." The parody flick is described as a "Naked Gun"-style take on the action/revenge drama.
"Taken" franchise itself is entering its third installment. Neeson will be back reprising his role along with Maggie Grace as his daughter and Famke Janssen as her mother. The story arc is still scarce, but the "Non-Stop" actor once said he'd join as long as no one got taken.
Forest Whitaker is reportedly in talks to join the cast. Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen who wrote the first two films are expected to handle the script again for the third entry.
While waiting for the two films to arrive, fans can quench their thirst with a sneak peek of "Taken 3: Back to Normal" through this following trailer.
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise