'Taken' to Get Spoofed in Upcoming Movie 'Tooken'
A movie that will take aim at "Taken" is in the works. Cameron Van Hoy and John Asher, who previously made short film "Taken 3: Back to Normal" parodying the Liam Neeson starrer, will write the screenplay, while Asher serves a double duty as a director.
"Back to Normal" will be revamped into a feature film in this "Tooken" project, as Van Hoy confirmed it on Twitter, "We're turning it into a feature length spoof." The parody flick is described as a "Naked Gun"-style take on the action/revenge drama.
"Taken" franchise itself is entering its third installment. Neeson will be back reprising his role along with Maggie Grace as his daughter and Famke Janssen as her mother. The story arc is still scarce, but the "Non-Stop" actor once said he'd join as long as no one got taken.
Forest Whitaker is reportedly in talks to join the cast. Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen who wrote the first two films are expected to handle the script again for the third entry.
While waiting for the two films to arrive, fans can quench their thirst with a sneak peek of "Taken 3: Back to Normal" through this following trailer.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder