Mick Jagger Calls Off Aussie Concert After Girlfriend's Death
Mick Jagger has canceled a scheduled gig with The Rolling Stone in Perth, according to Perth radio station 96FM. The cancelation came following the shocking news that his girlfriend, fashion designer L'Wren Scott, was found dead in her apartment.
The 70-year-old rocker landed with his bandmates in Australia on Monday, March 17. They were supposed to perform together at Perth Arena on Wednesday, March 19, but now he is supposedly flying back to the States to be with his family in New York.
It's unclear if the band will still move forward with the concert even without Jagger. "If there are any updates they will be put up on the Frontier Touring website Facebook and Twitter feeds as soon as possible," says a rep for concert promoter Frontier Touring.
His daughter with second wife Jerry Hall, Georgia May Jagger, was in Aussie as well for Melbourne Fashion Week. She was originally set to support local fashion label Camilla, but now has scrapped the gig and flown out of the country.
Camilla's rep said, "In light of the recent sad news, Georgia May Jagger will not be participating in Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival for the Camilla Grand Showcase. We ask that you respect Ms Jagger and her family's privacy at this very difficult time. On behalf of the Festival and the Camilla team we offer our sincere condolences to Ms Jagger and her family."
More Mick Jagger News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO