Kate Winslet Gets a Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
Kate Winslet has been honored with a star on Hollywood Walk of Fame. The unveiling ceremony for the 2,520th star took place on Monday, March 17, just hours after a 4.4 earthquake shook Southern California. The "Titanic" actress, who gave birth to her son Bear three months ago, looked beautiful with her natural-looking make-up and simple black dress.
Winslet said that she was "honored" to receive the star and mentioned the earthquake during her speech, saying that it "frightened me quite a lot actually." Her husband Ned Rocknroll and children were not present. Her "Divergent" co-star Shailene Woodley, co-star in "Revolutionary Road" and "Titanic", Kathy Bates, and director James Cameron joined her at the ceremony.
"You deserve to have stars strewn at your feet," Bates said at the event, as quoted by E! News. "Even though stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame sometimes get a little dirty with a little poo or whatever, what will last is your wonderful beautiful films, characters that you've played that have stolen our hearts. Nobody can ever poo on those." Woodley also shared some words, calling Winslet her "idol."
Winslet won an Academy Award trophy for Best Actress for her role in 2008's "The Reader". She recently appeared in "Labor Day" and will next be seen in "Divergent", which hits U.S. theaters on March 21.
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her