'Terminator: Genesis' Will Have the Same Feel as 'Terminator 2'
Arnold Schwarzenegger dished on "Terminator: Genesis" during a press tour for his new movie "Sabotage". He told Collider, "Terminator is going to have the exact same feel. The way it reads, it has the same feel of Terminator 2. It's big."
"There's hardcore action and it has some really great visual effects in there, but not over the top. It's not a Thor type of movie, even though it's the same director. It has good special effects, but just enough to say, 'Wow, where did that come from? How did they do that?' "
Fresh of his directing gig in "Thor: The Dark World", Alan Taylor is tapped to helm the "Terminator" reboot . Emilia Clarke will play Sarah Connor, Jason Clarke will star as her son John, and Jai Courtney will portray his father Kylie. Schwarzenegger, meanwhile, will be back as the machine.
He commented on his return to the franchise, "I think that it's just so wild to have a franchise that has been around for that long, and then after 30 years, to get asked again to be the only character in a movie that is the same character is unheard of, in movie history."
"You always switch out, like with James Bond and Batman. They have new characters there. But, not here. That, to me, is an extraordinary situation and a great opportunity. Of course, I was honored when I was asked to come back and play the character with Sarah Connor."
The 66-year-old star went on, "I've stayed in physical shape, and they see me in different movies and on social media and with all the stuff that I do. I'm still on the cover of the muscle magazines. So, they say, 'We can still have this guy fight with a sword for 10 hours a day, do horseback riding, and all of these things...' "
"That just shows you that, if you have the attitude of a young person and you work like a young person and you keep your body in shape, and if you believe that you can do it, then you can actually make other people also believe that you can do it."
The filming will start in April. "It will be a four-and-a-half month long shoot," he previously spilled. "Most of it will be done in New Orleans, with some filming in San Francisco and maybe a little in LA." The reboot will arrive Stateside on July 1, 2015.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen