Designer L'Wren Scott, Mick Jagger's Girlfriend, Dies of Apparent Suicide
Famed designer L'Wren Scott was found dead of apparent suicide on Monday, March 18. As reported by CNN, an official at the law enforcement office said that Scott was found by her assistant hanging from a door knob with a scarf around her neck in her New York apartment.
According to the police, Scott sent a text on Monday morning, asking the assistant to "come by, and when the assistant arrived at approximately 10:02 A.M., Scott was dead in the living room, prompting the assistant to call police." There were reportedly no signs of forced entry and no suicide note.
A representative for Scott's longtime boyfriend Mick Jagger, who is currently in Australia, has released a statement following the sad news. The representative said that the member of The Rolling Stones was "completely shocked and devastated by the news."
Shortly after Scott's death, a report alleged that the late designer and the rocker separated, but Jagger's representative said it was not true. "The story in the New York Post re a split between Mick Jagger and L'Wren Scott is 100 percent untrue," the representative said, as reported by JustJared. "There is absolutely no basis in fact to this story. It is a horrible and inaccurate piece of gossip during this very tragic time for Mick."
Many stars including Sarah Jessica Parker, Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, Michelle Obama and Penelope Cruz are fans of her designs. A spokesperson for Kidman said that the "Stoker" star was "heartbroken and in shock right now and unable to say anything."
Upon learning Scott's passing, Jagger's ex-wife Bianca Jagger said in a Twitter post, "Heartbroken to learn of the loss of the lovely and talented L'Wren Scott. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. May she rest in peace." Olivia Munn recalled Scott as "an amazing soul, talented artist and an unbelievably giving friend," while Emmy Rossum called her "an incredible designer."
"L'wren Scott was brilliant, elegant, kind, and generous," Olivia Wilde added. "My heart goes out to her loved ones. What a tragedy." Katie Couric, Evan Rachel Wood, Mindy Kaling, Victoria Justice and Rachel Zoe also took part in the pouring tribute.
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?