'How I Met Your Mother' Creators Avoid Talking About Death Speculation
There has been a wild speculation about "How I Met Your Mother" series finale and co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas were faced with the difficult question during a panel at the PaleyFest on Saturday, March 15. They, however, did nothing to debunk the rumor that the titular mother may be already dead in the last episode.
"We're wildly excited about the finale and obviously we can't say anything," said Bays when asked by moderator and frequent guest castmember Wayne Brady if the mother would die. He simply added, "It's beautiful."
Thomas said, "I think one of the great things about How I Met Your Mother is that it's surprising. It does really weird things sometimes," admitting, "We have been the worst interview in show business for years" because they kept dodging questions about the mother.
Previously, Cristin Milioti who was cast as the mother called the crazy fans theory "insane." "There are some crazy conspiracy theories, which really makes me love the fans more... That is so crazy," she told The Hollywood Reporter.
She said that they didn't film alternate endings, insisting, "They've [Bays and Thomas] had this vision for nine years, and it's in great hands. They know exactly what they want to do." The actress went on claiming that the series finale would be "beautiful."
The one-hour series finale of "HIMYM" will air Monday, March 31 on CBS.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns