'How I Met Your Mother' Creators Avoid Talking About Death Speculation
There has been a wild speculation about "How I Met Your Mother" series finale and co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas were faced with the difficult question during a panel at the PaleyFest on Saturday, March 15. They, however, did nothing to debunk the rumor that the titular mother may be already dead in the last episode.
"We're wildly excited about the finale and obviously we can't say anything," said Bays when asked by moderator and frequent guest castmember Wayne Brady if the mother would die. He simply added, "It's beautiful."
Thomas said, "I think one of the great things about How I Met Your Mother is that it's surprising. It does really weird things sometimes," admitting, "We have been the worst interview in show business for years" because they kept dodging questions about the mother.
Previously, Cristin Milioti who was cast as the mother called the crazy fans theory "insane." "There are some crazy conspiracy theories, which really makes me love the fans more... That is so crazy," she told The Hollywood Reporter.
She said that they didn't film alternate endings, insisting, "They've [Bays and Thomas] had this vision for nine years, and it's in great hands. They know exactly what they want to do." The actress went on claiming that the series finale would be "beautiful."
The one-hour series finale of "HIMYM" will air Monday, March 31 on CBS.
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz
- Chris Brown Throws Pool Party for Daughter Royalty's Third Birthday
- Fifth Harmony Teases New Single With Mysterious Riddles on Snapchat
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Britney Spears Steps Out for Dinner Date With Beau Sam Asghari in Malibu
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty