'How I Met Your Mother' Creators Avoid Talking About Death Speculation
There has been a wild speculation about "How I Met Your Mother" series finale and co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas were faced with the difficult question during a panel at the PaleyFest on Saturday, March 15. They, however, did nothing to debunk the rumor that the titular mother may be already dead in the last episode.
"We're wildly excited about the finale and obviously we can't say anything," said Bays when asked by moderator and frequent guest castmember Wayne Brady if the mother would die. He simply added, "It's beautiful."
Thomas said, "I think one of the great things about How I Met Your Mother is that it's surprising. It does really weird things sometimes," admitting, "We have been the worst interview in show business for years" because they kept dodging questions about the mother.
Previously, Cristin Milioti who was cast as the mother called the crazy fans theory "insane." "There are some crazy conspiracy theories, which really makes me love the fans more... That is so crazy," she told The Hollywood Reporter.
She said that they didn't film alternate endings, insisting, "They've [Bays and Thomas] had this vision for nine years, and it's in great hands. They know exactly what they want to do." The actress went on claiming that the series finale would be "beautiful."
The one-hour series finale of "HIMYM" will air Monday, March 31 on CBS.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'