Lorde Slams Reporter for Asking Her Boyfriend If They're Engaged
Lorde has shot down speculations whether she is engaged to her boyfriend James Lowe. The "Royals" singer took to Twitter on Sunday, March 16 to slam a celebrity news site for sending an e-mail to Lowe to ask if they are engaged.
The singer shared a screengrab of an e-mail from an E! News writer who apparently speculated the engagement because Lorde was seen "wearing what appears to be a diamond ring on her ring finger." She wrote, "You have officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married."
"It's our policy to fact check before we run a story," a spokesperson for E! News told Newsday. A photo of the couple emerged back in November and the Grammy-winning singer has confirmed in an interview with Rolling Stone that they are in a relationship.
Speculations of the two being engaged emerged when she was seen leaving the Magnolia Hotel in downtown Houston earlier this month wearing a diamond ring on her ring finger. The rumor, however, has been denied by a representative for the singer. "I can confirm Lorde is not engaged," the representative said on March 10.
you have officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married -_______- pic.twitter.com/m5Qxi8Zlld— Lorde (@lordemusic) March 16, 2014
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed