Lorde Slams Reporter for Asking Her Boyfriend If They're Engaged
Lorde has shot down speculations whether she is engaged to her boyfriend James Lowe. The "Royals" singer took to Twitter on Sunday, March 16 to slam a celebrity news site for sending an e-mail to Lowe to ask if they are engaged.
The singer shared a screengrab of an e-mail from an E! News writer who apparently speculated the engagement because Lorde was seen "wearing what appears to be a diamond ring on her ring finger." She wrote, "You have officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married."
"It's our policy to fact check before we run a story," a spokesperson for E! News told Newsday. A photo of the couple emerged back in November and the Grammy-winning singer has confirmed in an interview with Rolling Stone that they are in a relationship.
Speculations of the two being engaged emerged when she was seen leaving the Magnolia Hotel in downtown Houston earlier this month wearing a diamond ring on her ring finger. The rumor, however, has been denied by a representative for the singer. "I can confirm Lorde is not engaged," the representative said on March 10.
you have officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married -_______- pic.twitter.com/m5Qxi8Zlld— Lorde (@lordemusic) March 16, 2014
More Lorde News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?