Lorde Slams Reporter for Asking Her Boyfriend If They're Engaged
Lorde has shot down speculations whether she is engaged to her boyfriend James Lowe. The "Royals" singer took to Twitter on Sunday, March 16 to slam a celebrity news site for sending an e-mail to Lowe to ask if they are engaged.
The singer shared a screengrab of an e-mail from an E! News writer who apparently speculated the engagement because Lorde was seen "wearing what appears to be a diamond ring on her ring finger." She wrote, "You have officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married."
"It's our policy to fact check before we run a story," a spokesperson for E! News told Newsday. A photo of the couple emerged back in November and the Grammy-winning singer has confirmed in an interview with Rolling Stone that they are in a relationship.
Speculations of the two being engaged emerged when she was seen leaving the Magnolia Hotel in downtown Houston earlier this month wearing a diamond ring on her ring finger. The rumor, however, has been denied by a representative for the singer. "I can confirm Lorde is not engaged," the representative said on March 10.
you have officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married -_______- pic.twitter.com/m5Qxi8Zlld— Lorde (@lordemusic) March 16, 2014
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie