Lorde Slams Reporter for Asking Her Boyfriend If They're Engaged
Lorde has shot down speculations whether she is engaged to her boyfriend James Lowe. The "Royals" singer took to Twitter on Sunday, March 16 to slam a celebrity news site for sending an e-mail to Lowe to ask if they are engaged.
The singer shared a screengrab of an e-mail from an E! News writer who apparently speculated the engagement because Lorde was seen "wearing what appears to be a diamond ring on her ring finger." She wrote, "You have officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married."
"It's our policy to fact check before we run a story," a spokesperson for E! News told Newsday. A photo of the couple emerged back in November and the Grammy-winning singer has confirmed in an interview with Rolling Stone that they are in a relationship.
Speculations of the two being engaged emerged when she was seen leaving the Magnolia Hotel in downtown Houston earlier this month wearing a diamond ring on her ring finger. The rumor, however, has been denied by a representative for the singer. "I can confirm Lorde is not engaged," the representative said on March 10.
you have officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married -_______- pic.twitter.com/m5Qxi8Zlld— Lorde (@lordemusic) March 16, 2014
More Lorde News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified