Lorde Slams Reporter for Asking Her Boyfriend If They're Engaged
Lorde has shot down speculations whether she is engaged to her boyfriend James Lowe. The "Royals" singer took to Twitter on Sunday, March 16 to slam a celebrity news site for sending an e-mail to Lowe to ask if they are engaged.
The singer shared a screengrab of an e-mail from an E! News writer who apparently speculated the engagement because Lorde was seen "wearing what appears to be a diamond ring on her ring finger." She wrote, "You have officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married."
"It's our policy to fact check before we run a story," a spokesperson for E! News told Newsday. A photo of the couple emerged back in November and the Grammy-winning singer has confirmed in an interview with Rolling Stone that they are in a relationship.
Speculations of the two being engaged emerged when she was seen leaving the Magnolia Hotel in downtown Houston earlier this month wearing a diamond ring on her ring finger. The rumor, however, has been denied by a representative for the singer. "I can confirm Lorde is not engaged," the representative said on March 10.
you have officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married -_______- pic.twitter.com/m5Qxi8Zlld— Lorde (@lordemusic) March 16, 2014
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3