'Wolverine' Sequel Will Be Filmed After 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
After "X-Men: Days of Future Past" hits theaters coming May 23 in the United States, there will be two more "X-Men" films that have already been confirmed. They are "The Wolverine" sequel and "X-Men: Apocalypse", but which one is coming first?
According to James Mangold, his "Wolverine" follow-up will not go into production until "Apocalypse". The director tweeted, "We're figuring it all out. At the moment, I'm shooting The next #Wolverine after #XmenApocalypse," when one of his followers asked.
"Apocalypse" is scheduled for May 27, 2016. Bryan Singer is back at the helm. He is working on the script with "Days of Future Past" writer Simon Kinberg and "X-Men 2" scribes Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty. The story will take place in 1980s to address "the notion of ancient mutants - the fact they were born and existed thousands of years ago."
"Wolverine" sequel, meanwhile, hasn't got a release date. Hugh Jackman is expected to reprise his role in it.
More The Wolverine 3 News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story