Scarlett Johansson on Woody Allen Abuse Controversy: 'It's All Guesswork'
Scarlett Johansson has spoken up following accusations that Woody Allen inappropriately touched Dylan Farrow when she was a child. Farrow wrote an open letter earlier this year in which she mentioned Johansson's name alongside others such as Alec Baldwin and Cate Blanchett. In an interview with The Guardian, which was published on Sunday, March 16, Johansson commented on the allegation for the first time.
"I think it's irresponsible to take a bunch of actors that will have a Google alert on and to suddenly throw their name into a situation that none of us could possibly knowingly comment on," she said. "That just feels irresponsible to me."
When asked about her reaction to "backlash" following the open letter, Johansson answered, "I'm unaware that there's been a backlash." She added, "I think he'll continue to know what he knows about the situation, and I'm sure the other people involved have their own experience with it. It's not like this is somebody that's been prosecuted and found guilty of something, and you can then go, 'I don't support this lifestyle or whatever.' I mean, it's all guesswork."
Johansson worked with the director in several movies such as "Match Point", "Scoop" and "Vicky Cristina Barcelona". When asked if the accusation affected her relationship with the director, the 29-year-old star explained, "I don't know anything about it. It would be ridiculous for me to make any kind of assumption one way or the other."
Back in February, Farrow detailed the alleged abuse in an open letter. In the end of the letter, she sent a message to Hollywood, "What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis C.K.? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?"
More Scarlett Johansson News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle