Marc Webb Won't Direct 'Amazing Spider-Man 4'
Marc Webb is ready to leave "The Amazing Spider-Man". The director, who helped relaunch the franchise after Sam Raimi's trilogy, reveals he will not return to the directing seat after the third movie. He would love to still get involved as a consultant and hopes to pursue other projects in his spare time.
"I'd like to be involved as a consultant," he told The Daily Beast in a recent interview. "I've already talked to these guys about it, but in terms of directing it, that will close out my tenure. I've had so much fun doing it, but after the third movie, it'll be the time to find something else."
When asked about the project to bring together Spidey's most evil villains, Webb said, "We're building out a more complicated Spider-Man universe with characters that people haven't seen in other Spider-Man movies - 'The Sinister Six', 'Venom', and more. We'd all love to overlap with other studios, but it's beyond my pay grade."
On the difference between Harry Osborn in Raimi's story and his own, Webb commented, "I wanted him to be as smart as Peter Parker. James Franco is a very intelligent man, but his Harry Osborn was a little bit dopey. This Harry Osborn is incredibly sharp. Harry and Peter are bound by the loss of their fathers and their abandonment issues. In Raimi's film, Harry is trying to protect Peter from getting bullied or whatever, and in this one, they're more like brothers."
In "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", Harry is portrayed by Dane DeHaan. Meanwhile, Andrew Garfield and his real-life girlfriend Emma Stone are back as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. Jamie Foxx stars as Electro, and Paul Giamatti as The Rhino. Shailene Woodley was initially tapped to play Mary Jane Watson, but her scene was eventually cut off. "It felt wrong," Webb simply said.
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods
- It's Over! Kim Kardashian 'Pulling the Plug' on Her Marriage to Kanye West
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Talking Again After Bitter Split: 'He's Much Happier'
- 'Supergirl': Katie McGrath Upped to Series Regular in Season 3