Marc Webb Won't Direct 'Amazing Spider-Man 4'
Marc Webb is ready to leave "The Amazing Spider-Man". The director, who helped relaunch the franchise after Sam Raimi's trilogy, reveals he will not return to the directing seat after the third movie. He would love to still get involved as a consultant and hopes to pursue other projects in his spare time.
"I'd like to be involved as a consultant," he told The Daily Beast in a recent interview. "I've already talked to these guys about it, but in terms of directing it, that will close out my tenure. I've had so much fun doing it, but after the third movie, it'll be the time to find something else."
When asked about the project to bring together Spidey's most evil villains, Webb said, "We're building out a more complicated Spider-Man universe with characters that people haven't seen in other Spider-Man movies - 'The Sinister Six', 'Venom', and more. We'd all love to overlap with other studios, but it's beyond my pay grade."
On the difference between Harry Osborn in Raimi's story and his own, Webb commented, "I wanted him to be as smart as Peter Parker. James Franco is a very intelligent man, but his Harry Osborn was a little bit dopey. This Harry Osborn is incredibly sharp. Harry and Peter are bound by the loss of their fathers and their abandonment issues. In Raimi's film, Harry is trying to protect Peter from getting bullied or whatever, and in this one, they're more like brothers."
In "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", Harry is portrayed by Dane DeHaan. Meanwhile, Andrew Garfield and his real-life girlfriend Emma Stone are back as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. Jamie Foxx stars as Electro, and Paul Giamatti as The Rhino. Shailene Woodley was initially tapped to play Mary Jane Watson, but her scene was eventually cut off. "It felt wrong," Webb simply said.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns