Chris Pine Pleads Guilty to DUI in New Zealand
Chris Pine has pleaded guilty to a charge of drink-driving at Ashburton District Court, New Zealand. According to Stuff.co.nz, the actor appeared in court on Monday, March 17 where he was ordered to pay NZ$93 or $79 in reparation. His driving license was also suspended for six months as the result.
The "Star Trek Into Darkness" star reportedly stood silently as his lawyer Marilyn Gilchrist entered the guilty plea. Gilchrist applied for Pine to be discharged without conviction, citing that conviction would be "devastating." Gilchrist also said, "He accepts he made the wrong decision to drive that night. He was not stopped because of any error in his driving."
During the court session, Judge Joanna Maze accepted that the actor was "entirely remorseful." She also noted that Pine made "considerable" donation to a charity. Pine reportedly hugged his lawyer before exiting the court. He then told his screaming fans outside to be "cool" and signed some autographs.
Pine was stopped during a routine early-morning check in Methven, in Canterbury on March 1 at 3.27 A.M. after he attended a party for his movie "Z for Zachariah" with 80 crew members. His blood-alcohol level was 0.11 percent, while the legal limit is 0.08 percent. He told the police that he drank four vodka drinks that night.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?