Miley Cyrus Recording Beatles Song With The Flaming Lips
The Flaming Lips' frontman Wayne Coyne revealed that he had teamed up with Miley Cyrus to cover The Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". The unlikely collaboration also included Andrew VanWyngarden from MGMT.
On Friday, March 14, Coyne posted a photo of Cyrus rolling a joint in a recording studio and wrote, "Yup...... Recordin with Miley... High as f**k...." He later shared a photo of Cyrus recording the track, writing, "Miley in the studio vomiting diamonds while singing Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds!! If you're a Beatles and John Lennon freak you gonna love love love this track!! Got Andrew from MGMT too!!!!"
The collaboration has sparked anger among Beatles fans, though. "Seriously Wayne, go f**k yourself. None of you guys are worthy (especially Miley) of singing even one word of that song. What the hell?!" an Instagram user wrote under the photo. Another wrote, "OK THIS RUINED MY LIFE."
The Flaming Lips has tied a link to Cyrus last month when Coyne and Steven Drozd performed with her during her show at Los Angeles' Staples Center. They were performing the band's 2002 song "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1".
More Miley Cyrus News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off