Miley Cyrus Recording Beatles Song With The Flaming Lips
The Flaming Lips' frontman Wayne Coyne revealed that he had teamed up with Miley Cyrus to cover The Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". The unlikely collaboration also included Andrew VanWyngarden from MGMT.
On Friday, March 14, Coyne posted a photo of Cyrus rolling a joint in a recording studio and wrote, "Yup...... Recordin with Miley... High as f**k...." He later shared a photo of Cyrus recording the track, writing, "Miley in the studio vomiting diamonds while singing Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds!! If you're a Beatles and John Lennon freak you gonna love love love this track!! Got Andrew from MGMT too!!!!"
The collaboration has sparked anger among Beatles fans, though. "Seriously Wayne, go f**k yourself. None of you guys are worthy (especially Miley) of singing even one word of that song. What the hell?!" an Instagram user wrote under the photo. Another wrote, "OK THIS RUINED MY LIFE."
The Flaming Lips has tied a link to Cyrus last month when Coyne and Steven Drozd performed with her during her show at Los Angeles' Staples Center. They were performing the band's 2002 song "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1".
More Miley Cyrus News
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled