Miley Cyrus Recording Beatles Song With The Flaming Lips
The Flaming Lips' frontman Wayne Coyne revealed that he had teamed up with Miley Cyrus to cover The Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". The unlikely collaboration also included Andrew VanWyngarden from MGMT.
On Friday, March 14, Coyne posted a photo of Cyrus rolling a joint in a recording studio and wrote, "Yup...... Recordin with Miley... High as f**k...." He later shared a photo of Cyrus recording the track, writing, "Miley in the studio vomiting diamonds while singing Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds!! If you're a Beatles and John Lennon freak you gonna love love love this track!! Got Andrew from MGMT too!!!!"
The collaboration has sparked anger among Beatles fans, though. "Seriously Wayne, go f**k yourself. None of you guys are worthy (especially Miley) of singing even one word of that song. What the hell?!" an Instagram user wrote under the photo. Another wrote, "OK THIS RUINED MY LIFE."
The Flaming Lips has tied a link to Cyrus last month when Coyne and Steven Drozd performed with her during her show at Los Angeles' Staples Center. They were performing the band's 2002 song "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1".
More Miley Cyrus News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked