Josh Lucas Cast in NBC Pilot 'The Mysteries of Laura'
Josh Lucas has landed a new TV gig on NBC opposite Debra Messing. The "The Firm" alum is tapped to star in the network's pilot "The Mysteries of Laura".
Messing plays the titular role of Laura Diamond who is described as a quirky female homicide detective. Lucas is to play her estranged husband named Jake who is described as a clever cop with keen instincts.
Laura and Jake have a "devilish set of twin boys," TV Guide reported. They wind up being put in the same precinct where he's the captain. A serial cheater who could schmooze his way out of the electric chair, Jake's charm and coveted "good dad" role means he deftly leaves the parenting of his young twin children entirely to Laura. He won't sign the divorce papers though.
The dramedy pilot is written by Jeff Rake of "The Tomorrow People" based on a Spanish series, and directed by McG.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed