Josh Lucas Cast in NBC Pilot 'The Mysteries of Laura'
Josh Lucas has landed a new TV gig on NBC opposite Debra Messing. The "The Firm" alum is tapped to star in the network's pilot "The Mysteries of Laura".
Messing plays the titular role of Laura Diamond who is described as a quirky female homicide detective. Lucas is to play her estranged husband named Jake who is described as a clever cop with keen instincts.
Laura and Jake have a "devilish set of twin boys," TV Guide reported. They wind up being put in the same precinct where he's the captain. A serial cheater who could schmooze his way out of the electric chair, Jake's charm and coveted "good dad" role means he deftly leaves the parenting of his young twin children entirely to Laura. He won't sign the divorce papers though.
The dramedy pilot is written by Jeff Rake of "The Tomorrow People" based on a Spanish series, and directed by McG.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child