Josh Lucas Cast in NBC Pilot 'The Mysteries of Laura'
Josh Lucas has landed a new TV gig on NBC opposite Debra Messing. The "The Firm" alum is tapped to star in the network's pilot "The Mysteries of Laura".
Messing plays the titular role of Laura Diamond who is described as a quirky female homicide detective. Lucas is to play her estranged husband named Jake who is described as a clever cop with keen instincts.
Laura and Jake have a "devilish set of twin boys," TV Guide reported. They wind up being put in the same precinct where he's the captain. A serial cheater who could schmooze his way out of the electric chair, Jake's charm and coveted "good dad" role means he deftly leaves the parenting of his young twin children entirely to Laura. He won't sign the divorce papers though.
The dramedy pilot is written by Jeff Rake of "The Tomorrow People" based on a Spanish series, and directed by McG.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen