Josh Lucas Cast in NBC Pilot 'The Mysteries of Laura'
Josh Lucas has landed a new TV gig on NBC opposite Debra Messing. The "The Firm" alum is tapped to star in the network's pilot "The Mysteries of Laura".
Messing plays the titular role of Laura Diamond who is described as a quirky female homicide detective. Lucas is to play her estranged husband named Jake who is described as a clever cop with keen instincts.
Laura and Jake have a "devilish set of twin boys," TV Guide reported. They wind up being put in the same precinct where he's the captain. A serial cheater who could schmooze his way out of the electric chair, Jake's charm and coveted "good dad" role means he deftly leaves the parenting of his young twin children entirely to Laura. He won't sign the divorce papers though.
The dramedy pilot is written by Jeff Rake of "The Tomorrow People" based on a Spanish series, and directed by McG.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival