Josh Lucas Cast in NBC Pilot 'The Mysteries of Laura'
Josh Lucas has landed a new TV gig on NBC opposite Debra Messing. The "The Firm" alum is tapped to star in the network's pilot "The Mysteries of Laura".
Messing plays the titular role of Laura Diamond who is described as a quirky female homicide detective. Lucas is to play her estranged husband named Jake who is described as a clever cop with keen instincts.
Laura and Jake have a "devilish set of twin boys," TV Guide reported. They wind up being put in the same precinct where he's the captain. A serial cheater who could schmooze his way out of the electric chair, Jake's charm and coveted "good dad" role means he deftly leaves the parenting of his young twin children entirely to Laura. He won't sign the divorce papers though.
The dramedy pilot is written by Jeff Rake of "The Tomorrow People" based on a Spanish series, and directed by McG.
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years