Angelina Jolie Blushes When Asked About 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Rumor
Before Sam Taylor-Wood was signed on to direct "Fifty Shades of Grey", there was a rumor that Angelina Jolie was mentioned as a possible helmer. Now, the "Maleficent" star addresses it during an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
According to the interviewer, she let out a long laugh while shaking her head and blushing when asked about the matter. After a long contemplative pause, she then said, "I came very clear out of the gate: after 'Blood and Honey', if I ever directed again, it would have to be a certain kind of film."
"You know, I'm looking forward to seeing what Sam does with '50 Shades' and she's amazing. I - I think they're just ... it's funny," she seemed struggling to find the right word. "I think with directing, you just think: I'm better at telling some stories than others but um, who knows?"
After her critically-acclaimed directorial debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey", the mother of six is helming another true-story drama "Unbroken" which is based on the story of World War hero Louis Zamperini. "The films that I've directed are both real stories," she said. "Even though the first one I wrote, it was based in history and you have such a responsibility - you have to be very careful of how you balance it. One day it might be fun to direct something where I don't have to be so careful. I can be completely, completely um ... bold and wild and irreverent and dark."
Her next movie, "Maleficent", which tells the untold story of the villain in Sleeping Beauty tale, is scheduled to hit theaters Stateside on May 30.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences