Angelina Jolie Blushes When Asked About 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Rumor
Before Sam Taylor-Wood was signed on to direct "Fifty Shades of Grey", there was a rumor that Angelina Jolie was mentioned as a possible helmer. Now, the "Maleficent" star addresses it during an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
According to the interviewer, she let out a long laugh while shaking her head and blushing when asked about the matter. After a long contemplative pause, she then said, "I came very clear out of the gate: after 'Blood and Honey', if I ever directed again, it would have to be a certain kind of film."
"You know, I'm looking forward to seeing what Sam does with '50 Shades' and she's amazing. I - I think they're just ... it's funny," she seemed struggling to find the right word. "I think with directing, you just think: I'm better at telling some stories than others but um, who knows?"
After her critically-acclaimed directorial debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey", the mother of six is helming another true-story drama "Unbroken" which is based on the story of World War hero Louis Zamperini. "The films that I've directed are both real stories," she said. "Even though the first one I wrote, it was based in history and you have such a responsibility - you have to be very careful of how you balance it. One day it might be fun to direct something where I don't have to be so careful. I can be completely, completely um ... bold and wild and irreverent and dark."
Her next movie, "Maleficent", which tells the untold story of the villain in Sleeping Beauty tale, is scheduled to hit theaters Stateside on May 30.
More Angelina Jolie News
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!