Angelina Jolie Blushes When Asked About 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Rumor
Before Sam Taylor-Wood was signed on to direct "Fifty Shades of Grey", there was a rumor that Angelina Jolie was mentioned as a possible helmer. Now, the "Maleficent" star addresses it during an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
According to the interviewer, she let out a long laugh while shaking her head and blushing when asked about the matter. After a long contemplative pause, she then said, "I came very clear out of the gate: after 'Blood and Honey', if I ever directed again, it would have to be a certain kind of film."
"You know, I'm looking forward to seeing what Sam does with '50 Shades' and she's amazing. I - I think they're just ... it's funny," she seemed struggling to find the right word. "I think with directing, you just think: I'm better at telling some stories than others but um, who knows?"
After her critically-acclaimed directorial debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey", the mother of six is helming another true-story drama "Unbroken" which is based on the story of World War hero Louis Zamperini. "The films that I've directed are both real stories," she said. "Even though the first one I wrote, it was based in history and you have such a responsibility - you have to be very careful of how you balance it. One day it might be fun to direct something where I don't have to be so careful. I can be completely, completely um ... bold and wild and irreverent and dark."
Her next movie, "Maleficent", which tells the untold story of the villain in Sleeping Beauty tale, is scheduled to hit theaters Stateside on May 30.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny