Angelina Jolie Blushes When Asked About 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Rumor
Before Sam Taylor-Wood was signed on to direct "Fifty Shades of Grey", there was a rumor that Angelina Jolie was mentioned as a possible helmer. Now, the "Maleficent" star addresses it during an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
According to the interviewer, she let out a long laugh while shaking her head and blushing when asked about the matter. After a long contemplative pause, she then said, "I came very clear out of the gate: after 'Blood and Honey', if I ever directed again, it would have to be a certain kind of film."
"You know, I'm looking forward to seeing what Sam does with '50 Shades' and she's amazing. I - I think they're just ... it's funny," she seemed struggling to find the right word. "I think with directing, you just think: I'm better at telling some stories than others but um, who knows?"
After her critically-acclaimed directorial debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey", the mother of six is helming another true-story drama "Unbroken" which is based on the story of World War hero Louis Zamperini. "The films that I've directed are both real stories," she said. "Even though the first one I wrote, it was based in history and you have such a responsibility - you have to be very careful of how you balance it. One day it might be fun to direct something where I don't have to be so careful. I can be completely, completely um ... bold and wild and irreverent and dark."
Her next movie, "Maleficent", which tells the untold story of the villain in Sleeping Beauty tale, is scheduled to hit theaters Stateside on May 30.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3