'Workaholics' Star Anders Holm Joins 'How I Met Your Dad'
"How I Met Your Dad" has added Anders Holm in the pivotal role but he's unlikely the father. The "Workaholics" co-creator joins the "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off as Gavin.
According to E! News, Gavin is the soon-to-be ex-husband of the sitcom's leading lady Sally, played by Greta Gerwig. The role is recurring with Sally thinking of divorcing Gavin after a year of marriage.
TV Line also reported that "Masters of Sex" star Nicholas D'Agosto has been cast in the pilot as Frank, the head of IT for Juliet's (Krysta Rodriguez) fashion blog. Andrew Santino will be Sally's older gay brother Danny but he's only a guest star for the moment. Santino is committed to ABC's "Mixology" which is yet to be renewed.
Drew Tarver has previously been revealed to play Todd, Sally's BFF and brother-in-law. Waiting for actors to fill in are the roles of Juliet's hot and nerdy coworker named Frank, and the narrating future Sally.
The series follows Sally as she begins her journey toward finding the father of her children with the help of her friends. "It's funny. It shares the heart and soul with the original show, so it has the sweetness and the funniness," Gerwig told E! News.
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad