'Workaholics' Star Anders Holm Joins 'How I Met Your Dad'
"How I Met Your Dad" has added Anders Holm in the pivotal role but he's unlikely the father. The "Workaholics" co-creator joins the "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off as Gavin.
According to E! News, Gavin is the soon-to-be ex-husband of the sitcom's leading lady Sally, played by Greta Gerwig. The role is recurring with Sally thinking of divorcing Gavin after a year of marriage.
TV Line also reported that "Masters of Sex" star Nicholas D'Agosto has been cast in the pilot as Frank, the head of IT for Juliet's (Krysta Rodriguez) fashion blog. Andrew Santino will be Sally's older gay brother Danny but he's only a guest star for the moment. Santino is committed to ABC's "Mixology" which is yet to be renewed.
Drew Tarver has previously been revealed to play Todd, Sally's BFF and brother-in-law. Waiting for actors to fill in are the roles of Juliet's hot and nerdy coworker named Frank, and the narrating future Sally.
The series follows Sally as she begins her journey toward finding the father of her children with the help of her friends. "It's funny. It shares the heart and soul with the original show, so it has the sweetness and the funniness," Gerwig told E! News.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why