'Workaholics' Star Anders Holm Joins 'How I Met Your Dad'
"How I Met Your Dad" has added Anders Holm in the pivotal role but he's unlikely the father. The "Workaholics" co-creator joins the "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off as Gavin.
According to E! News, Gavin is the soon-to-be ex-husband of the sitcom's leading lady Sally, played by Greta Gerwig. The role is recurring with Sally thinking of divorcing Gavin after a year of marriage.
TV Line also reported that "Masters of Sex" star Nicholas D'Agosto has been cast in the pilot as Frank, the head of IT for Juliet's (Krysta Rodriguez) fashion blog. Andrew Santino will be Sally's older gay brother Danny but he's only a guest star for the moment. Santino is committed to ABC's "Mixology" which is yet to be renewed.
Drew Tarver has previously been revealed to play Todd, Sally's BFF and brother-in-law. Waiting for actors to fill in are the roles of Juliet's hot and nerdy coworker named Frank, and the narrating future Sally.
The series follows Sally as she begins her journey toward finding the father of her children with the help of her friends. "It's funny. It shares the heart and soul with the original show, so it has the sweetness and the funniness," Gerwig told E! News.
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet