'Workaholics' Star Anders Holm Joins 'How I Met Your Dad'
"How I Met Your Dad" has added Anders Holm in the pivotal role but he's unlikely the father. The "Workaholics" co-creator joins the "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off as Gavin.
According to E! News, Gavin is the soon-to-be ex-husband of the sitcom's leading lady Sally, played by Greta Gerwig. The role is recurring with Sally thinking of divorcing Gavin after a year of marriage.
TV Line also reported that "Masters of Sex" star Nicholas D'Agosto has been cast in the pilot as Frank, the head of IT for Juliet's (Krysta Rodriguez) fashion blog. Andrew Santino will be Sally's older gay brother Danny but he's only a guest star for the moment. Santino is committed to ABC's "Mixology" which is yet to be renewed.
Drew Tarver has previously been revealed to play Todd, Sally's BFF and brother-in-law. Waiting for actors to fill in are the roles of Juliet's hot and nerdy coworker named Frank, and the narrating future Sally.
The series follows Sally as she begins her journey toward finding the father of her children with the help of her friends. "It's funny. It shares the heart and soul with the original show, so it has the sweetness and the funniness," Gerwig told E! News.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'