'Workaholics' Star Anders Holm Joins 'How I Met Your Dad'
"How I Met Your Dad" has added Anders Holm in the pivotal role but he's unlikely the father. The "Workaholics" co-creator joins the "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off as Gavin.
According to E! News, Gavin is the soon-to-be ex-husband of the sitcom's leading lady Sally, played by Greta Gerwig. The role is recurring with Sally thinking of divorcing Gavin after a year of marriage.
TV Line also reported that "Masters of Sex" star Nicholas D'Agosto has been cast in the pilot as Frank, the head of IT for Juliet's (Krysta Rodriguez) fashion blog. Andrew Santino will be Sally's older gay brother Danny but he's only a guest star for the moment. Santino is committed to ABC's "Mixology" which is yet to be renewed.
Drew Tarver has previously been revealed to play Todd, Sally's BFF and brother-in-law. Waiting for actors to fill in are the roles of Juliet's hot and nerdy coworker named Frank, and the narrating future Sally.
The series follows Sally as she begins her journey toward finding the father of her children with the help of her friends. "It's funny. It shares the heart and soul with the original show, so it has the sweetness and the funniness," Gerwig told E! News.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story