Demi Lovato: Lady GaGa Glamorizing Eating Disorder After Vomiting Stunt at SXSW
Demi Lovato is not impressed with Lady GaGa's vomiting stunt at her SXSW show on Thursday, March 13. The former Disney star, who struggled with an eating disorder in the past, is among those who think that the Mother Monster glorifies bulimia.
The "Neon Lights" singer voiced her opinion about the performance in a string of Twitter posts. "Sad... As if we didn't have enough people glamorizing eating disorders already. Bottom line, it's not 'cool' or 'artsy' at all," she wrote. "Would you let someone bring a needle and shoot up on you? Addiction is addiction."
After GaGa's fans began to criticize Lovato for her comment, she went on explaining that "it's not 'shade' and it's not 'hate.' " She added, "But someone has to come forward and say it and I'll take the heat for it. Putting the word ART in it isn't a free card to do whatever you want without consequences."
During the Thursday show, GaGa was performing "Swine" onstage when Millie Brown shoved her fingers down her throat and vomited green paint all over the 27-year-old star. GaGa then explained the controversial act at Friday's keynote speech at SXSW.
"I've known Millie for I think like five years now and we've actually collaborated before... she was just in town and so we thought we would collaborate again," she told the audience. "It was just exciting to see people talk about performance art on the internet. We really just did it because we believe in the performance and we believe in what it meant to the song."
More Demi Lovato News
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'