Chris Brown Arrested After Getting Booted From Rehab
Chris Brown has been sent into jail for violating probation after he reportedly was kicked out of rehab. Los Angeles Sheriff's Department has confirmed the news, saying that the R&B singer was taken into custody in Malibu on Friday, March 14 on a warrant "for a probation violation related to his conviction" in Rihanna-related abuse case.
As reported by Reuters, a court spokesperson said that Superior Court Judge James Brandlin ordered the singer to be sent into custody after he was notified that Brown had been discharged from a rehab facility where he was treated for anger management. Brown was booted from the facility "for failure to comply with rules and regulations of the program."
Brown "was cooperative when taken into custody," the authorities said in a statement. He is currently held without bail. The "Fine China" singer is scheduled to appear in court on Monday.
Brown was ordered to check into 90-day rehab in November after he was arrested for allegedly punching a man outside a hotel in Washington D.C. The case is set to go to trial on April 17.
In February, a judge told Brown to stay another two months in rehab. During the court meeting, a report from the rehab facility revealed that the singer's aggressive behavior was linked to PTSD and bipolar disorder.
More Chris Brown News
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?