Jonah Hill, Adam Levine, Alicia Keys and J.Lo's Moms Back up Michelle Obama
The Obamas reach out through pop culture again to promote its Obamacare campaign. A few days after President Barack Obama appeared in Zach Galifianakis' "Between Two Ferns" show, his wife Michelle enlisted the help of famous people's moms to encourage youths to sign up for new health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
Mothers to Jonah Hill, Adam Levine, Alicia Keys and Jennifer Lopez spoke in a new online video campaign, #YourMomCares. The moms recalled their kids' past and described how they stood out among the rest. "Alicia was an old soul. Very active, very interested in things," Keys' mom, Terria Joseph, said. "She only had to hear a song once, and she could play it."
Lopez's mom Guadalupe Rodriguez revealed, "Jennifer walked at 8 months. And she was climbing out of her crib when she was a year old. At one point, I thought, 'Well, maybe she should be a gymnast'." Meanwhile, Hill's mom Sharon Feldstein and Levine's mom Patsy Noah appeared in the same screen.
"Both of our boys were rambunctious, mischievous, naughty," Noah said. Feldstein added, "Jonah was a prankster. Jonah flooded the elementary school. Jonah would lie on top of my dashboard and literally not get off. Trust me - us moms put up with a lot."
Feldstein then went to the point, saying "But one thing we should never have to put up with is our kids not having health care." Keys' mom said, "There's nothing worse for a mom than feeling that her child is not protected, no matter how old they are. ...Do it for your mom."
Feldstein again said, "Seriously, do you want your mothers to have a nervous breakdown? You need health insurance, it's imperative that you have health insurance. Taking care of yourself so you mothers can sleep and have a nice life after all they've done for you is not too much to ask in my opinion."
The video ended with a message from Michelle. "We nag you because we love you," she said.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers