Director Dexter Fletcher Exits Freddie Mercury Biopic
Freddie Mercury biopic is facing another roadblock. After letting go of original star Sacha Baron Cohen due to creative differences, the movie is now losing its director, Dexter Fletcher, because of the same reason. Deadline reports Fletcher and producer Graham King didn't see eye to eye on the pic.
Ben Whishaw is currently attached to play the late Queen frontman, filling the vacant spot left by the "Borat" actor. The band's member Roger Taylor once said of the recasting, "We felt Sacha probably wasn't right in the end. We didn't want it to be a joke. We want people to be moved."
The script for the untitled Freddie Mercury biopic is penned by Peter Morgan ("Rush"). A new director is expected to be announced soon, as production was initially scheduled to begin later this year. Whishaw himself is also set to shoot "Bond 24", where he will reprise his role as Q, sometime this year.
The Freddie Mercury film hasn't got a release date, but the film is already planned to be released Stateside on November 6, 2015.
More Bohemian Rhapsody News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics