Director Dexter Fletcher Exits Freddie Mercury Biopic
Freddie Mercury biopic is facing another roadblock. After letting go of original star Sacha Baron Cohen due to creative differences, the movie is now losing its director, Dexter Fletcher, because of the same reason. Deadline reports Fletcher and producer Graham King didn't see eye to eye on the pic.
Ben Whishaw is currently attached to play the late Queen frontman, filling the vacant spot left by the "Borat" actor. The band's member Roger Taylor once said of the recasting, "We felt Sacha probably wasn't right in the end. We didn't want it to be a joke. We want people to be moved."
The script for the untitled Freddie Mercury biopic is penned by Peter Morgan ("Rush"). A new director is expected to be announced soon, as production was initially scheduled to begin later this year. Whishaw himself is also set to shoot "Bond 24", where he will reprise his role as Q, sometime this year.
The Freddie Mercury film hasn't got a release date, but the film is already planned to be released Stateside on November 6, 2015.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video