Director Dexter Fletcher Exits Freddie Mercury Biopic
Freddie Mercury biopic is facing another roadblock. After letting go of original star Sacha Baron Cohen due to creative differences, the movie is now losing its director, Dexter Fletcher, because of the same reason. Deadline reports Fletcher and producer Graham King didn't see eye to eye on the pic.
Ben Whishaw is currently attached to play the late Queen frontman, filling the vacant spot left by the "Borat" actor. The band's member Roger Taylor once said of the recasting, "We felt Sacha probably wasn't right in the end. We didn't want it to be a joke. We want people to be moved."
The script for the untitled Freddie Mercury biopic is penned by Peter Morgan ("Rush"). A new director is expected to be announced soon, as production was initially scheduled to begin later this year. Whishaw himself is also set to shoot "Bond 24", where he will reprise his role as Q, sometime this year.
The Freddie Mercury film hasn't got a release date, but the film is already planned to be released Stateside on November 6, 2015.
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville