Director Dexter Fletcher Exits Freddie Mercury Biopic
Freddie Mercury biopic is facing another roadblock. After letting go of original star Sacha Baron Cohen due to creative differences, the movie is now losing its director, Dexter Fletcher, because of the same reason. Deadline reports Fletcher and producer Graham King didn't see eye to eye on the pic.
Ben Whishaw is currently attached to play the late Queen frontman, filling the vacant spot left by the "Borat" actor. The band's member Roger Taylor once said of the recasting, "We felt Sacha probably wasn't right in the end. We didn't want it to be a joke. We want people to be moved."
The script for the untitled Freddie Mercury biopic is penned by Peter Morgan ("Rush"). A new director is expected to be announced soon, as production was initially scheduled to begin later this year. Whishaw himself is also set to shoot "Bond 24", where he will reprise his role as Q, sometime this year.
The Freddie Mercury film hasn't got a release date, but the film is already planned to be released Stateside on November 6, 2015.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound