Director Dexter Fletcher Exits Freddie Mercury Biopic
Freddie Mercury biopic is facing another roadblock. After letting go of original star Sacha Baron Cohen due to creative differences, the movie is now losing its director, Dexter Fletcher, because of the same reason. Deadline reports Fletcher and producer Graham King didn't see eye to eye on the pic.
Ben Whishaw is currently attached to play the late Queen frontman, filling the vacant spot left by the "Borat" actor. The band's member Roger Taylor once said of the recasting, "We felt Sacha probably wasn't right in the end. We didn't want it to be a joke. We want people to be moved."
The script for the untitled Freddie Mercury biopic is penned by Peter Morgan ("Rush"). A new director is expected to be announced soon, as production was initially scheduled to begin later this year. Whishaw himself is also set to shoot "Bond 24", where he will reprise his role as Q, sometime this year.
The Freddie Mercury film hasn't got a release date, but the film is already planned to be released Stateside on November 6, 2015.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip