Colin Powell Posts Selfie, Captions the Snap: 'Eat Your Heart Out Ellen'
Colin Powell brags to Ellen DeGeneres that he took selfies long before it became a trend. The former Secretary of State and U.S. General took to Facebook on Thursday, March 13 to share a vintage photo of him which was taken 60 years ago.
In the black-and-white photo, a young Powell can be seen standing in front of a mirror. He looks dapper in a waistcoat and pants as he took photo of his reflection. "Throwback Thursday - I was doing selfies 60 years before you Facebook folks. Eat your heart out Ellen!" the 76-year-old statesman captioned the photo, tagging DeGeneres' Facebook account in the end of the post.
The host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" briefly crashed Twitter after she uploaded a star-studded selfie with many stars such as Jared Leto, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Bradley Cooper, Channing Tatum, Julia Roberts, Kevin Spacey, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Lupita Nyong'o and her brother Peter Nyong'o Jr. at the Oscars earlier this month. The photo was retweeted more than 1 million time in 1 hour.
Powell was not the only one who took part in Throwback Thursday. January Jones shared a photo of her as a young girl on Instagram that day. In the photo, the girl can be seen sporting some cuts below her eye. "I was either mauled by my little baby sister or our pet cat fluffy. RIP fluffy but that's what you get for mauling my face," she wrote.
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test