Lorde Turned Down Offer to Support Katy Perry's Tour
Katy Perry once asked Lorde to join her upcoming "Prismatic" tour as a supporting act. However, the New Zealand native turned down the offer because she wanted to be "independent" by headlining her own shows.
"I think in the really early stages of any artist's career it's important for them to establish themselves for themselves," Lorde told Australia's Kiis 1065. "I'm just basically really stubborn and I want to be really independent. So I want to be headlining my own shows instead of supporting someone else. Which I think is fair enough."
Lorde is currently in the U.S. for her own tour which was kicked off earlier this month to support her debut album "Pure Heroine". Featuring mega hit "Royals", the platinum-selling record that arrived last year is now at No. 7 on Billboard 200.
Meanwhile, Perry is scheduled to open her "Prismatic" tour in Ireland on May 7. The "Roar" singer will spend the rest of the month visiting other European countries before bringing the tour to North America in June.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding