Lorde Turned Down Offer to Support Katy Perry's Tour
Katy Perry once asked Lorde to join her upcoming "Prismatic" tour as a supporting act. However, the New Zealand native turned down the offer because she wanted to be "independent" by headlining her own shows.
"I think in the really early stages of any artist's career it's important for them to establish themselves for themselves," Lorde told Australia's Kiis 1065. "I'm just basically really stubborn and I want to be really independent. So I want to be headlining my own shows instead of supporting someone else. Which I think is fair enough."
Lorde is currently in the U.S. for her own tour which was kicked off earlier this month to support her debut album "Pure Heroine". Featuring mega hit "Royals", the platinum-selling record that arrived last year is now at No. 7 on Billboard 200.
Meanwhile, Perry is scheduled to open her "Prismatic" tour in Ireland on May 7. The "Roar" singer will spend the rest of the month visiting other European countries before bringing the tour to North America in June.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'