Lorde Turned Down Offer to Support Katy Perry's Tour
Katy Perry once asked Lorde to join her upcoming "Prismatic" tour as a supporting act. However, the New Zealand native turned down the offer because she wanted to be "independent" by headlining her own shows.
"I think in the really early stages of any artist's career it's important for them to establish themselves for themselves," Lorde told Australia's Kiis 1065. "I'm just basically really stubborn and I want to be really independent. So I want to be headlining my own shows instead of supporting someone else. Which I think is fair enough."
Lorde is currently in the U.S. for her own tour which was kicked off earlier this month to support her debut album "Pure Heroine". Featuring mega hit "Royals", the platinum-selling record that arrived last year is now at No. 7 on Billboard 200.
Meanwhile, Perry is scheduled to open her "Prismatic" tour in Ireland on May 7. The "Roar" singer will spend the rest of the month visiting other European countries before bringing the tour to North America in June.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer