Lorde Turned Down Offer to Support Katy Perry's Tour
Katy Perry once asked Lorde to join her upcoming "Prismatic" tour as a supporting act. However, the New Zealand native turned down the offer because she wanted to be "independent" by headlining her own shows.
"I think in the really early stages of any artist's career it's important for them to establish themselves for themselves," Lorde told Australia's Kiis 1065. "I'm just basically really stubborn and I want to be really independent. So I want to be headlining my own shows instead of supporting someone else. Which I think is fair enough."
Lorde is currently in the U.S. for her own tour which was kicked off earlier this month to support her debut album "Pure Heroine". Featuring mega hit "Royals", the platinum-selling record that arrived last year is now at No. 7 on Billboard 200.
Meanwhile, Perry is scheduled to open her "Prismatic" tour in Ireland on May 7. The "Roar" singer will spend the rest of the month visiting other European countries before bringing the tour to North America in June.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones