Lorde Turned Down Offer to Support Katy Perry's Tour
Katy Perry once asked Lorde to join her upcoming "Prismatic" tour as a supporting act. However, the New Zealand native turned down the offer because she wanted to be "independent" by headlining her own shows.
"I think in the really early stages of any artist's career it's important for them to establish themselves for themselves," Lorde told Australia's Kiis 1065. "I'm just basically really stubborn and I want to be really independent. So I want to be headlining my own shows instead of supporting someone else. Which I think is fair enough."
Lorde is currently in the U.S. for her own tour which was kicked off earlier this month to support her debut album "Pure Heroine". Featuring mega hit "Royals", the platinum-selling record that arrived last year is now at No. 7 on Billboard 200.
Meanwhile, Perry is scheduled to open her "Prismatic" tour in Ireland on May 7. The "Roar" singer will spend the rest of the month visiting other European countries before bringing the tour to North America in June.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance