Nicholas Hoult Tapped for True-Story Iraqi War Drama 'Sand Castle'
Nicholas Hoult is picked to play the lead role in "Sand Castle", an Iraqi war movie which is based on real story. He will play a soldier named Matt Ocre who, along with the leader of his platoon, Sergeant Baker, attempt to protect Baqubah, a dangerous farming village.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, it will be produced by Mark Gordon who has produced war-themed projects like movie "Saving Private Ryan" and TV series "Army Wives". Serving behind the lens, meanwhile, is British commercials director Seb Edwards. It will mark his feature film debut.
The script for the true-story movie is written by Gordon's former assistant, Chris Roessner, based on the story of his two years and more than 200 missions as a machine gunner in Iraq's Sunni Triangle. It's among 2012 Black List of best unproduced screenplays.
Hoult will next be seen playing Beast in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" with his real-life girlfriend Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique). He is among the cast of "Mad Max: Fury Road", due May 15, 2015, sharing screen with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3