Nicholas Hoult Tapped for True-Story Iraqi War Drama 'Sand Castle'
Nicholas Hoult is picked to play the lead role in "Sand Castle", an Iraqi war movie which is based on real story. He will play a soldier named Matt Ocre who, along with the leader of his platoon, Sergeant Baker, attempt to protect Baqubah, a dangerous farming village.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, it will be produced by Mark Gordon who has produced war-themed projects like movie "Saving Private Ryan" and TV series "Army Wives". Serving behind the lens, meanwhile, is British commercials director Seb Edwards. It will mark his feature film debut.
The script for the true-story movie is written by Gordon's former assistant, Chris Roessner, based on the story of his two years and more than 200 missions as a machine gunner in Iraq's Sunni Triangle. It's among 2012 Black List of best unproduced screenplays.
Hoult will next be seen playing Beast in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" with his real-life girlfriend Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique). He is among the cast of "Mad Max: Fury Road", due May 15, 2015, sharing screen with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron.
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour