Nicholas Hoult Tapped for True-Story Iraqi War Drama 'Sand Castle'
Nicholas Hoult is picked to play the lead role in "Sand Castle", an Iraqi war movie which is based on real story. He will play a soldier named Matt Ocre who, along with the leader of his platoon, Sergeant Baker, attempt to protect Baqubah, a dangerous farming village.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, it will be produced by Mark Gordon who has produced war-themed projects like movie "Saving Private Ryan" and TV series "Army Wives". Serving behind the lens, meanwhile, is British commercials director Seb Edwards. It will mark his feature film debut.
The script for the true-story movie is written by Gordon's former assistant, Chris Roessner, based on the story of his two years and more than 200 missions as a machine gunner in Iraq's Sunni Triangle. It's among 2012 Black List of best unproduced screenplays.
Hoult will next be seen playing Beast in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" with his real-life girlfriend Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique). He is among the cast of "Mad Max: Fury Road", due May 15, 2015, sharing screen with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron.
More Sand Castle News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby