Nicholas Hoult Tapped for True-Story Iraqi War Drama 'Sand Castle'
Nicholas Hoult is picked to play the lead role in "Sand Castle", an Iraqi war movie which is based on real story. He will play a soldier named Matt Ocre who, along with the leader of his platoon, Sergeant Baker, attempt to protect Baqubah, a dangerous farming village.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, it will be produced by Mark Gordon who has produced war-themed projects like movie "Saving Private Ryan" and TV series "Army Wives". Serving behind the lens, meanwhile, is British commercials director Seb Edwards. It will mark his feature film debut.
The script for the true-story movie is written by Gordon's former assistant, Chris Roessner, based on the story of his two years and more than 200 missions as a machine gunner in Iraq's Sunni Triangle. It's among 2012 Black List of best unproduced screenplays.
Hoult will next be seen playing Beast in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" with his real-life girlfriend Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique). He is among the cast of "Mad Max: Fury Road", due May 15, 2015, sharing screen with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?