Nicholas Hoult Tapped for True-Story Iraqi War Drama 'Sand Castle'
Nicholas Hoult is picked to play the lead role in "Sand Castle", an Iraqi war movie which is based on real story. He will play a soldier named Matt Ocre who, along with the leader of his platoon, Sergeant Baker, attempt to protect Baqubah, a dangerous farming village.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, it will be produced by Mark Gordon who has produced war-themed projects like movie "Saving Private Ryan" and TV series "Army Wives". Serving behind the lens, meanwhile, is British commercials director Seb Edwards. It will mark his feature film debut.
The script for the true-story movie is written by Gordon's former assistant, Chris Roessner, based on the story of his two years and more than 200 missions as a machine gunner in Iraq's Sunni Triangle. It's among 2012 Black List of best unproduced screenplays.
Hoult will next be seen playing Beast in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" with his real-life girlfriend Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique). He is among the cast of "Mad Max: Fury Road", due May 15, 2015, sharing screen with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video