Thomas Lennon to Play Matthew Perry's Buddy in 'The Odd Couple'
Matthew Perry has found his "Old Couple". Variety learns that 43-year-old Thomas Lennon, who appeared in "Sean Saves the World" and "Reno 911!", is tapped to play Felix Ungar, the uptight roommate to Perry's easygoing Oscar Madison.
The mismatched couple is based on the characters on the 1970s TV series of the same name which was adapted from the Neil Simon-written Broadway play. Jack Klugman and Tony Randall starred in the original TV show, while Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau played in the movie version.
The new multi-camera comedy project has received a script plus penalty commitment from CBS. Perry, 44, will also co-produce and co-write the pilot for the upcoming revamped take on "The Odd Couple".
"Ever since seeing the movie 'The Odd Couple' when I was 10 years old, it has been a dream for me to play Oscar Madison," he once said. "To be given the opportunity to develop a modern version of it for CBS has put a permanent smile across my face."
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor