Thomas Lennon to Play Matthew Perry's Buddy in 'The Odd Couple'
Matthew Perry has found his "Old Couple". Variety learns that 43-year-old Thomas Lennon, who appeared in "Sean Saves the World" and "Reno 911!", is tapped to play Felix Ungar, the uptight roommate to Perry's easygoing Oscar Madison.
The mismatched couple is based on the characters on the 1970s TV series of the same name which was adapted from the Neil Simon-written Broadway play. Jack Klugman and Tony Randall starred in the original TV show, while Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau played in the movie version.
The new multi-camera comedy project has received a script plus penalty commitment from CBS. Perry, 44, will also co-produce and co-write the pilot for the upcoming revamped take on "The Odd Couple".
"Ever since seeing the movie 'The Odd Couple' when I was 10 years old, it has been a dream for me to play Oscar Madison," he once said. "To be given the opportunity to develop a modern version of it for CBS has put a permanent smile across my face."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy