Emma Watson Says She Is 'Jealous' of Some Actresses
Emma Watson graces the cover of Elle magazine's April issue. Wearing a cotton shirt and calfskin pants from Balmain on the front page, the "Noah" star talks about the downside of being a child actress and first kiss in an interview for the spread, which will hit newsstands on March 25.
Watson, who starred in eight "Harry Potter" movies from 2001 to 2011, says in the interview that she feels jealous of actresses who did not grow up onscreen. "There are all these actresses who have emerged in the last year or two, and they get to emerge as this complete human being. And I'm so jealous!" the 23-year-old star admits.
In the interview, Watson also talks about personal experience in relation to her career as an actress. "I remember reading this thing that Elizabeth Taylor wrote," she says. "She had her first kiss in character. On a movie set. It really struck me. I don't know how or why, but I had this sense that if I wasn't really careful, that could be me: that my first kiss could be in somebody else's clothes. And my experiences could all belong to someone else."
Following the success of "Harry Potter" movies, Watson took a break from the spotlight to continue her study in Oxford and Brown universities. She appeared in 2011's "My Week With Marilyn" and 2013's "This Is the End". She additionally took part in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" and "The Bling Ring". Her latest project "Noah", which also stars Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Logan Lerman and Anthony Hopkins, hits U.S. theaters on March 23.
More Emma Watson News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance