Emma Watson Says She Is 'Jealous' of Some Actresses
Emma Watson graces the cover of Elle magazine's April issue. Wearing a cotton shirt and calfskin pants from Balmain on the front page, the "Noah" star talks about the downside of being a child actress and first kiss in an interview for the spread, which will hit newsstands on March 25.
Watson, who starred in eight "Harry Potter" movies from 2001 to 2011, says in the interview that she feels jealous of actresses who did not grow up onscreen. "There are all these actresses who have emerged in the last year or two, and they get to emerge as this complete human being. And I'm so jealous!" the 23-year-old star admits.
In the interview, Watson also talks about personal experience in relation to her career as an actress. "I remember reading this thing that Elizabeth Taylor wrote," she says. "She had her first kiss in character. On a movie set. It really struck me. I don't know how or why, but I had this sense that if I wasn't really careful, that could be me: that my first kiss could be in somebody else's clothes. And my experiences could all belong to someone else."
Following the success of "Harry Potter" movies, Watson took a break from the spotlight to continue her study in Oxford and Brown universities. She appeared in 2011's "My Week With Marilyn" and 2013's "This Is the End". She additionally took part in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" and "The Bling Ring". Her latest project "Noah", which also stars Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Logan Lerman and Anthony Hopkins, hits U.S. theaters on March 23.
More Emma Watson News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'