J.K. Simmons in Talks to Join 'Terminator: Genesis'
One more actor is in negotiation to join "Terminator: Genesis". THR's Heat Vision reports J.K. Simmons is in talks to play "a weary and alcoholic detective who has followed a bizarre case involving Sarah Connor and robots for more than three decades."
The film is due July 1, 2015. Alan Taylor ("Thor: The Dark World") is tapped to sit behind the lens. Emilia Clarke will play Sarah, Jason Clarke will star as her son John, and Jai Courtney will play his father Kylie. Arnold Schwarzenegger, meanwhile, will be back as the machine.
The former Governor of California said they would start filming in April. "It will be a four-and-a-half month long shoot," he spilled. "Most of it will be done in New Orleans, with some filming in San Francisco and maybe a little in LA."
The plotline is still under wraps, but it reportedly draws comparison to "Back to the Future 2". Rumor suggests it will revisit the events of the original 1984 film and the sequel "Terminator 2: Judgment Day", besides having a third time period in the future.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics