First Official Look at NBC's 'Constantine' Arrives
NBC has shared the first look at its take on DC Comics' "Constantine", revealing how Matt Ryan looks like as the occult detective John Constantine. In the image, the Welsh actor dons a rumpled shirt, a tie and a trench coat.
Constantine is an enigmatic and irreverent conman turned reluctant supernatural detective, who is thrust into the role of defending the human race against dark forces from beyond. He's first introduced in "Swamp Thing" (vol. 2) #37 in 1985 and has become the lead character in comic books "Hellblazer" and "Constantine".
"I've been a fan of John Constantine since he was first introduced in 1985," said executive producer David S. Goyer. "This Constantine, envisioned by [director] Neil Marshall and embodied by Matt Ryan, looks like he sprang directly from the comics' covers. Fans old and new are going to be in for a treat."
"The Mentalist" executive producer Daniel Cerone, who also executive produces the project, penned the script from a story he co-wrote with Goyer. Neil Marshall will helm the pilot episode.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope