'American Idol' Reveals Top 10, Eliminates Ben Briley
Ben Briley has become the latest eliminated singer on "American Idol" season 13. The Tennessee guy got the boot on Thursday, March 13 following his failed attempt to show a different style with his performance of "Bennie and the Jets" by Elton John on Wednesday night.
"I was worried," Ben told host Ryan Seacrest after learning that he was in the bottom three along with Majesty Rose and Sam Woolf. "I really wanted to be different and show people that I can do other things. It was a gamble," he said of his performance the night before.
In-house mentor Randy Jackson commented, "Change is always good, but you've got to keep in mind who you really are. I think Ben may have confused people." Jennifer Lopez was indeed confused by his style because he was so country last week.
Ben sang Grace Potter's "Stars" for the Save, but the judges decided not to use it just yet. Keith Urban explained that they would have given a different answer if Ben had shown more consistent artistic growth.
The Thursday results show saw a musical performance by judge Harry Connick Jr., who did a medley of his songs "One Fine Thing" and "Come by Me", and Mali Music, J.Lo's favorite up-and-coming rapper-singer.
The remaining ten finalists will be joining the "Idol" summer tour. Next week, they will sing songs from the current Billboard Hot 100.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen