'American Idol' Reveals Top 10, Eliminates Ben Briley
Ben Briley has become the latest eliminated singer on "American Idol" season 13. The Tennessee guy got the boot on Thursday, March 13 following his failed attempt to show a different style with his performance of "Bennie and the Jets" by Elton John on Wednesday night.
"I was worried," Ben told host Ryan Seacrest after learning that he was in the bottom three along with Majesty Rose and Sam Woolf. "I really wanted to be different and show people that I can do other things. It was a gamble," he said of his performance the night before.
In-house mentor Randy Jackson commented, "Change is always good, but you've got to keep in mind who you really are. I think Ben may have confused people." Jennifer Lopez was indeed confused by his style because he was so country last week.
Ben sang Grace Potter's "Stars" for the Save, but the judges decided not to use it just yet. Keith Urban explained that they would have given a different answer if Ben had shown more consistent artistic growth.
The Thursday results show saw a musical performance by judge Harry Connick Jr., who did a medley of his songs "One Fine Thing" and "Come by Me", and Mali Music, J.Lo's favorite up-and-coming rapper-singer.
The remaining ten finalists will be joining the "Idol" summer tour. Next week, they will sing songs from the current Billboard Hot 100.
More American Idol News
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance