'American Idol' Reveals Top 10, Eliminates Ben Briley
Ben Briley has become the latest eliminated singer on "American Idol" season 13. The Tennessee guy got the boot on Thursday, March 13 following his failed attempt to show a different style with his performance of "Bennie and the Jets" by Elton John on Wednesday night.
"I was worried," Ben told host Ryan Seacrest after learning that he was in the bottom three along with Majesty Rose and Sam Woolf. "I really wanted to be different and show people that I can do other things. It was a gamble," he said of his performance the night before.
In-house mentor Randy Jackson commented, "Change is always good, but you've got to keep in mind who you really are. I think Ben may have confused people." Jennifer Lopez was indeed confused by his style because he was so country last week.
Ben sang Grace Potter's "Stars" for the Save, but the judges decided not to use it just yet. Keith Urban explained that they would have given a different answer if Ben had shown more consistent artistic growth.
The Thursday results show saw a musical performance by judge Harry Connick Jr., who did a medley of his songs "One Fine Thing" and "Come by Me", and Mali Music, J.Lo's favorite up-and-coming rapper-singer.
The remaining ten finalists will be joining the "Idol" summer tour. Next week, they will sing songs from the current Billboard Hot 100.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle