MTV Threatens to Ban Lily Allen's 'Our Time' Video
Lily Allen has revealed that MTV wants to ban her "Our Time" video. The British star took to Twitter on Thursday, March 13 to share screenshot of an email telling her that the clip, which sees her getting drunk and dressing as a hot dog, would not be aired during the daytime unless the network gets a clean version.
"MTV want to ban the 'Our Time' video during the daytime, unless they get a clean edit that show you a) NOT DRINKING FROM A FLASK and b) NOT DISPLAYING ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR FROM DRINKING BY FIGHTING WITH THE HOT DOG," read the mail, which was apparently sent to Allen by her management.
However, the singer's team has made it clear that MTV is not getting what they want. "I told the label we are NOT making a clean version of the video. Bring on the controversy!" the mail continued.
Allen has reacted to the news, captioning the screenshot, "Age of beige." She added, "I thought MTV just played ['Catfish: The TV Show'] and 'My Super Sweet 16'."
"Our Time" video was released earlier this week. The track is set to appear in "Sheezus", Allen's new album that's scheduled to arrive later this year.
Age of beige pic.twitter.com/3fk30tdWmg— Lily Allen (@lilyallen) March 13, 2014
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer