MTV Threatens to Ban Lily Allen's 'Our Time' Video
Lily Allen has revealed that MTV wants to ban her "Our Time" video. The British star took to Twitter on Thursday, March 13 to share screenshot of an email telling her that the clip, which sees her getting drunk and dressing as a hot dog, would not be aired during the daytime unless the network gets a clean version.
"MTV want to ban the 'Our Time' video during the daytime, unless they get a clean edit that show you a) NOT DRINKING FROM A FLASK and b) NOT DISPLAYING ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR FROM DRINKING BY FIGHTING WITH THE HOT DOG," read the mail, which was apparently sent to Allen by her management.
However, the singer's team has made it clear that MTV is not getting what they want. "I told the label we are NOT making a clean version of the video. Bring on the controversy!" the mail continued.
Allen has reacted to the news, captioning the screenshot, "Age of beige." She added, "I thought MTV just played ['Catfish: The TV Show'] and 'My Super Sweet 16'."
"Our Time" video was released earlier this week. The track is set to appear in "Sheezus", Allen's new album that's scheduled to arrive later this year.
Age of beige pic.twitter.com/3fk30tdWmg— Lily Allen (@lilyallen) March 13, 2014
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert