MTV Threatens to Ban Lily Allen's 'Our Time' Video
Lily Allen has revealed that MTV wants to ban her "Our Time" video. The British star took to Twitter on Thursday, March 13 to share screenshot of an email telling her that the clip, which sees her getting drunk and dressing as a hot dog, would not be aired during the daytime unless the network gets a clean version.
"MTV want to ban the 'Our Time' video during the daytime, unless they get a clean edit that show you a) NOT DRINKING FROM A FLASK and b) NOT DISPLAYING ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR FROM DRINKING BY FIGHTING WITH THE HOT DOG," read the mail, which was apparently sent to Allen by her management.
However, the singer's team has made it clear that MTV is not getting what they want. "I told the label we are NOT making a clean version of the video. Bring on the controversy!" the mail continued.
Allen has reacted to the news, captioning the screenshot, "Age of beige." She added, "I thought MTV just played ['Catfish: The TV Show'] and 'My Super Sweet 16'."
"Our Time" video was released earlier this week. The track is set to appear in "Sheezus", Allen's new album that's scheduled to arrive later this year.
Age of beige pic.twitter.com/3fk30tdWmg— Lily Allen (@lilyallen) March 13, 2014
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip