MTV Threatens to Ban Lily Allen's 'Our Time' Video
Lily Allen has revealed that MTV wants to ban her "Our Time" video. The British star took to Twitter on Thursday, March 13 to share screenshot of an email telling her that the clip, which sees her getting drunk and dressing as a hot dog, would not be aired during the daytime unless the network gets a clean version.
"MTV want to ban the 'Our Time' video during the daytime, unless they get a clean edit that show you a) NOT DRINKING FROM A FLASK and b) NOT DISPLAYING ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR FROM DRINKING BY FIGHTING WITH THE HOT DOG," read the mail, which was apparently sent to Allen by her management.
However, the singer's team has made it clear that MTV is not getting what they want. "I told the label we are NOT making a clean version of the video. Bring on the controversy!" the mail continued.
Allen has reacted to the news, captioning the screenshot, "Age of beige." She added, "I thought MTV just played ['Catfish: The TV Show'] and 'My Super Sweet 16'."
"Our Time" video was released earlier this week. The track is set to appear in "Sheezus", Allen's new album that's scheduled to arrive later this year.
Age of beige pic.twitter.com/3fk30tdWmg— Lily Allen (@lilyallen) March 13, 2014
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds