Ellie Goulding Debuts Video for 'Beating Heart' From 'Divergent'
Ellie Goulding has debuted the music video for "Beating Heart", a song which will be featured in upcoming movie "Divergent". The clip was premiered when the British beauty visited MTV's studio with Shailene Woodley and Theo James on Wednesday, March 12.
In the four-minute visuals, Goulding is featured singing the song while walking around a forest in a black dress. She sports a bird tattoo on her collarbone, similar to that of Woodley's character Tris, and some other tattoos on her back.
" 'Beating Heart' is about being away from someone or knowing that you're always going to have to be apart from someone that you really love," Ellie has told MTV News. "And it's painful, but it's hopeful because there's always a chance that they'll collide again like two people collide. Like the universe will bring them back together. I think the song is basically that. Sort of relying on the fact that if you're meant to be drawn back together you will be."
During her appearance in the Wednesday, March 12 episode of "Today" show, Goulding revealed that she didn't specifically write "Beating Heart" for "Divergent". "I had the song, and I performed it and recorded it, and I had given it to Greg Kurstin to produce it," she told host Matt Lauer.
"I didn't know they were gonna use it for the film, but actually, when I thought about it, I thought it was kind of perfect, and it really suited the whole theme," she added. She then took the stage of the morning show to perform an acoustic version of the track.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune