Lil Wayne: 'Tha Carter V' Is My Last Solo Album
Lil Wayne is going to retire from rap after he puts out his next album, "Tha Carter V". The rapper said in an interview with MTV News, "I personally plan on this being my final solo album, yes and it's definitely the final Carter album. It's the final Carter album. It's stopping at five."
Wayne then revealed that he'd been working really hard on the forthcoming record, which is expected to be dropped in May. "It seems like it will be impossible for me to work this hard again for anything else," he continued.
After releasing "Tha Carter V", the Louisiana-born star is not going to completely leave the rap business. He said he would still make guest appearances in the projects of other artists, especially his YMCMB family.
"Whenever I have to pitch in for a Young Money album, a 'Like Father, Like Son' album and something like that and maybe something out the blue," he explained and added that it would take "25 to 35 million" to convince him to do another solo album.
Wayne recently released "Young Money: Rise of an Empire" compilation album. The record features contributions from the likes of Drake, Nicki Minaj, Tyga as well as newcomers Euro, PJ Morton and Chanel West Coast.
More Lil Wayne News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl