Lil Wayne: 'Tha Carter V' Is My Last Solo Album
Lil Wayne is going to retire from rap after he puts out his next album, "Tha Carter V". The rapper said in an interview with MTV News, "I personally plan on this being my final solo album, yes and it's definitely the final Carter album. It's the final Carter album. It's stopping at five."
Wayne then revealed that he'd been working really hard on the forthcoming record, which is expected to be dropped in May. "It seems like it will be impossible for me to work this hard again for anything else," he continued.
After releasing "Tha Carter V", the Louisiana-born star is not going to completely leave the rap business. He said he would still make guest appearances in the projects of other artists, especially his YMCMB family.
"Whenever I have to pitch in for a Young Money album, a 'Like Father, Like Son' album and something like that and maybe something out the blue," he explained and added that it would take "25 to 35 million" to convince him to do another solo album.
Wayne recently released "Young Money: Rise of an Empire" compilation album. The record features contributions from the likes of Drake, Nicki Minaj, Tyga as well as newcomers Euro, PJ Morton and Chanel West Coast.
More Lil Wayne News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers