Kevin Feige Says Scarlett Johansson's Pregnancy Didn't Affect 'Avengers 2' Script
People are wondering how Scarlett Johansson's pregnancy affects Marvel's next movie, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" which is due next year. Producer Kevin Feige admits they had to adjust the filming schedule but he says the script didn't change at all.
"Well my first reaction was I was very happy for her and very excited for her," he told Collider. "My second reaction was we've gotta move some pieces on the chess board around schedule-wise. But we didn't change the script at all, which is sort of the most important things for us in terms of the storyline."
He added, "I think the goal is for us to sit here talking about the fact that you would never know that Black Widow was pregnant during the filming of the movie when you see the final version of 'Avengers 2'."
ScarJo herself said to Huffington Post that "everything for Avengers 2 -- we're full steam ahead." She spilled, "We start shooting in three weeks and I'm stunt training and we're good to go." She assured, "Everything is going just fine. The Black Widow always wins and will continue to."
Feige previously said the sequel would give more depth to ScarJo's Black Widow by exploring the character's backstory. "[Black] Widow's part in that is very big. We learn more about her past and learn more about where she came from and how she became in that film," he explained.
Quizzed about the possibility of giving her a solo film, he most recently said, "We've got various outlines and ideas of where to take that. ... The question really is, 'When will we take her out of the ensemble and have her do her own thing?' As you saw in ['Captain America: The Winter Soldier'], as you'll see in Avengers: Age of Ultron, she's really the key to so much of the plot development."
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton