Josh Homme: 'I Was Really Drunk' When Ranting About the Grammys at Concert
Queens of the Stone Age's frontman Josh Homme recently made headlines after he ranted about the Grammys during a concert in Houston. The musician made sure everyone know how he felt about losing the Best Rock Performance award to Imagine Dragons and having his performance cut off. "F**k Imagine Dragons, f**k the Grammys," he said onstage at that time.
Now, Homme explained the comments he made at the show in a fan Q&A facilitated by FasterLouder. "I was really drunk," he joked and went on telling the site that he was "misunderstood" and was just "reacting" to a fan in the audience.
Despite the not-so-great experience at this year's Grammys, Homme reveals that he's willing to perform at the annual event again in the future. "If they got their s**t together, maybe," he said. "I'm a musician, I play my music, and I don't really worry about the rest... I go and play my music. I don't like to be disrespected, but nobody likes that."
During QOTSA's gig at Houston's Bayou Music Center two weeks after the Grammys, Homme vented his frustration over Imagine Dragons' win and his scrapped performance with Nine Inch Nails, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham.
"This next song is by Imagine Dragons," Homme told the crowd before performing "I Appear Missing" off his band's latest album "...Like Clockwork".
"Just f**king kidding," he added. "Wait, you've got to admit, you're all imagining dragons right now. You know, f**k everything, f**k the man, f**k Imagine Dragons, f**k the Grammys, f**k all this s**t."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign