'The Lego Movie' Sequel Gets Chris McKay as Director
A new helmer has been found for "The Lego Movie 2". Chris McKay, who won an Emmy for his work on Cartoon Network's "Robot Chicken", is tapped to direct the second installment. He previously served as one of the editors in the first film.
Jared Stern ("Wreck-It Ralph") and Michelle Morgan ("Girl Most Likely") are tapped to pen the script for the sequel. The original was directed and written by Phil Lord and Chris Miller. The duo will now, instead, serve as executive producers for the follow-up.
There is also no word if any of the original voice cast will be back for the second installment. Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum, and Jonah Hill are among the ensemble in the first film.
"The Lego Movie" opened this January to an overwhelmingly positive review. It debuted atop box office with a solid $69 million, marking the second highest weekend debut in February after "The Passion of The Christ" ($83.8 million). It has since grossed over $350 million worldwide, and is still among the holdovers in U.S. movie chart.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner