'The Lego Movie' Sequel Gets Chris McKay as Director
A new helmer has been found for "The Lego Movie 2". Chris McKay, who won an Emmy for his work on Cartoon Network's "Robot Chicken", is tapped to direct the second installment. He previously served as one of the editors in the first film.
Jared Stern ("Wreck-It Ralph") and Michelle Morgan ("Girl Most Likely") are tapped to pen the script for the sequel. The original was directed and written by Phil Lord and Chris Miller. The duo will now, instead, serve as executive producers for the follow-up.
There is also no word if any of the original voice cast will be back for the second installment. Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum, and Jonah Hill are among the ensemble in the first film.
"The Lego Movie" opened this January to an overwhelmingly positive review. It debuted atop box office with a solid $69 million, marking the second highest weekend debut in February after "The Passion of The Christ" ($83.8 million). It has since grossed over $350 million worldwide, and is still among the holdovers in U.S. movie chart.
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2