'The Lego Movie' Sequel Gets Chris McKay as Director
A new helmer has been found for "The Lego Movie 2". Chris McKay, who won an Emmy for his work on Cartoon Network's "Robot Chicken", is tapped to direct the second installment. He previously served as one of the editors in the first film.
Jared Stern ("Wreck-It Ralph") and Michelle Morgan ("Girl Most Likely") are tapped to pen the script for the sequel. The original was directed and written by Phil Lord and Chris Miller. The duo will now, instead, serve as executive producers for the follow-up.
There is also no word if any of the original voice cast will be back for the second installment. Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum, and Jonah Hill are among the ensemble in the first film.
"The Lego Movie" opened this January to an overwhelmingly positive review. It debuted atop box office with a solid $69 million, marking the second highest weekend debut in February after "The Passion of The Christ" ($83.8 million). It has since grossed over $350 million worldwide, and is still among the holdovers in U.S. movie chart.
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise