Video: Coldplay Debuts Two 'Ghost Stories' Songs at SXSW
Coldplay headlined the first night of the iTunes Festival at South by Southwest on Tuesday, March 11. The British band treated the crowd at the Moody Theater at Austin City Limits Live downtown with the live rendition of their tracks that included two new songs off their upcoming "Ghost Stories" album.
The group's new tracks are titled "Always in My Head" and "Another's Arms". During their 11-song set, Chris Martin and his bandmates also performed "Magic" and "Midnight", other cuts off the new record. Additionally, they played some of their hits like "Viva La Vida", "Atlas" and "Fix You". The latter song was dedicated to those involved in the Malaysian Airlines plane which went missing over the weekend.
It marks Coldplay's first show in the U.S. in 14 months. "We've been away a long time, and I can't think of a better way to come back into the world [than] in the intimate surroundings of Austin and just a couple of 100 people and the millions watching at home," Martin said during the show.
South by South West's iTunes festival will continue with performances from Kendrick Lamar, Pitbull, Zedd, Keith Urban and Willie Nelson. Fans who can't make it to Austin can enjoy the performance of their favorite artists by streaming it on iTunes.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt