Video: Coldplay Debuts Two 'Ghost Stories' Songs at SXSW
Coldplay headlined the first night of the iTunes Festival at South by Southwest on Tuesday, March 11. The British band treated the crowd at the Moody Theater at Austin City Limits Live downtown with the live rendition of their tracks that included two new songs off their upcoming "Ghost Stories" album.
The group's new tracks are titled "Always in My Head" and "Another's Arms". During their 11-song set, Chris Martin and his bandmates also performed "Magic" and "Midnight", other cuts off the new record. Additionally, they played some of their hits like "Viva La Vida", "Atlas" and "Fix You". The latter song was dedicated to those involved in the Malaysian Airlines plane which went missing over the weekend.
It marks Coldplay's first show in the U.S. in 14 months. "We've been away a long time, and I can't think of a better way to come back into the world [than] in the intimate surroundings of Austin and just a couple of 100 people and the millions watching at home," Martin said during the show.
South by South West's iTunes festival will continue with performances from Kendrick Lamar, Pitbull, Zedd, Keith Urban and Willie Nelson. Fans who can't make it to Austin can enjoy the performance of their favorite artists by streaming it on iTunes.
More Coldplay News
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years