Video: Coldplay Debuts Two 'Ghost Stories' Songs at SXSW
Coldplay headlined the first night of the iTunes Festival at South by Southwest on Tuesday, March 11. The British band treated the crowd at the Moody Theater at Austin City Limits Live downtown with the live rendition of their tracks that included two new songs off their upcoming "Ghost Stories" album.
The group's new tracks are titled "Always in My Head" and "Another's Arms". During their 11-song set, Chris Martin and his bandmates also performed "Magic" and "Midnight", other cuts off the new record. Additionally, they played some of their hits like "Viva La Vida", "Atlas" and "Fix You". The latter song was dedicated to those involved in the Malaysian Airlines plane which went missing over the weekend.
It marks Coldplay's first show in the U.S. in 14 months. "We've been away a long time, and I can't think of a better way to come back into the world [than] in the intimate surroundings of Austin and just a couple of 100 people and the millions watching at home," Martin said during the show.
South by South West's iTunes festival will continue with performances from Kendrick Lamar, Pitbull, Zedd, Keith Urban and Willie Nelson. Fans who can't make it to Austin can enjoy the performance of their favorite artists by streaming it on iTunes.
More Coldplay News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special