'Fast and Furious 7' Returns to Abu Dhabi to Resume Filming in April
"Fast and Furious 7" is ready to resume production after a few months of break. It's confirmed that the crew will be heading back to the Mideast city of Abu Dhabi to shoot more new scenes. They already filmed some stunt shots and helicopter footage in the Middle Eastern country before Paul Walker died on November 30 last year.
"We look forward to welcoming the stars and crew of Fast & Furious 7 in April. This is a great opportunity to not only generate international exposure for Abu Dhabi, but to also provide young Emiratis with work experience, which could help them to become the region's future filmmakers," says twofour54, the country's government-backed media.
Lead actor Vin Diesel himself took to Facebook to give his fans update on his preparation for the D-day. "The transition into that Dom state of mind has always been an interesting one... only this time there is added purpose, a collective goal to make this the best one in the series," he wrote. "P.s. The long awaited completion of Seven, begins..."
"Fast and Furious 7" directed by James Wan was originally due this year, but has to be moved back to April 10, 2015 after Walker's passing. The script was tweaked to send his character, Brian O'Conner, to a retirement. Other cast members include Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jason Statham, Ludacris, and Tyrese Gibson.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival