'Frozen' Accused of Promoting Gay and Bestiality by Conservative Radio Hosts
"Generations Radio" host Kevin Swanson and Steve Vaughn blast Disney's "Frozen (2013)" voiced by Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel and Jonathan Groff for allegedly having a hidden agenda. The right-wingers claim the family animated movie is promoting homosexuality and bestiality.
They are under the impression that Elsa's journey of trying to embrace what makes her different and the fact that she doesn't end up with a man reflect the oppressed gay people. Meanwhile, they call Kristoff's relationship with his reindeer Sven "unnatural" and believes that it's bestiality propaganda.
"How many children are taken into these things and how many Christians are taking their kids off to see the movie 'Frozen', produced by an organization that is probably one of the most pro-homosexual organizations in the country?" says Swanson, a fundamentalist Christian minister.
"You wonder sometimes, I'm not a tinfoil hat conspiratorialist, but you wonder sometimes if maybe there's something very evil happening here. If I was the Devil, what would I do to really foul up an entire social system and do something really, really, really evil to 5 and 6 and 7-year-olds in Christian families around America?"
His co-host, Vaughn, chimes in, "Then you would start making all these nice little movies that throw little things in there that make sin look enticing, in fact some of the worst of sins, make it look enticing or at least to start to indoctrinate slowly, turn the heat up on the frog in the pan."
The gay conspiracy theory is also expressed by National Catholic Register writer, Steven Greydanus. He went as far to point out at the closing credits in which "Elsa's giant, male-voiced snow monster, wandering through her abandoned ice palace, picks up her abandoned tiara and places it daintily on his own head, smiling as it discovers its true inner princess."
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie