Pharrell Williams to Launch 'Girl' Fragrance With Comme des Garcons
Pharrell Williams is launching a new fragrance soon. According to WWD (via Vibe), the "Happy" singer is currently working with Comme des Garcons for a unisex fragrance which will be released in September. Although the fragrance is for both sexes, it will be called "Girl" in conjunction with Pharrell's latest album.
"As one of my favorite designers once said, 'Comme des Garcons is your favorite designers' favorite designer...the top of the top, the best of the best.' I am so honored to be working with Comme des Garcons and cherish the education that I've experienced in this collaboration," the Grammy-winning artist said of the collaboration in a statement.
"This is the first time we have created a fragrance for a musician and I can think of no greater talent and no greater gentleman to have done this with," said Adrian Joffe, CEO of Comme des Garcons Parfums SA. "It has been an honor to work with such a creative artist with a great vision which for Comme des Garcons is the most important thing."
Joffe also said that Williams "knew exactly what he wanted the perfume to smell like right from the beginning." More details of the new scent will be released in the coming months.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed