Pharrell Williams to Launch 'Girl' Fragrance With Comme des Garcons
Pharrell Williams is launching a new fragrance soon. According to WWD (via Vibe), the "Happy" singer is currently working with Comme des Garcons for a unisex fragrance which will be released in September. Although the fragrance is for both sexes, it will be called "Girl" in conjunction with Pharrell's latest album.
"As one of my favorite designers once said, 'Comme des Garcons is your favorite designers' favorite designer...the top of the top, the best of the best.' I am so honored to be working with Comme des Garcons and cherish the education that I've experienced in this collaboration," the Grammy-winning artist said of the collaboration in a statement.
"This is the first time we have created a fragrance for a musician and I can think of no greater talent and no greater gentleman to have done this with," said Adrian Joffe, CEO of Comme des Garcons Parfums SA. "It has been an honor to work with such a creative artist with a great vision which for Comme des Garcons is the most important thing."
Joffe also said that Williams "knew exactly what he wanted the perfume to smell like right from the beginning." More details of the new scent will be released in the coming months.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media