Pharrell Williams to Launch 'Girl' Fragrance With Comme des Garcons
Pharrell Williams is launching a new fragrance soon. According to WWD (via Vibe), the "Happy" singer is currently working with Comme des Garcons for a unisex fragrance which will be released in September. Although the fragrance is for both sexes, it will be called "Girl" in conjunction with Pharrell's latest album.
"As one of my favorite designers once said, 'Comme des Garcons is your favorite designers' favorite designer...the top of the top, the best of the best.' I am so honored to be working with Comme des Garcons and cherish the education that I've experienced in this collaboration," the Grammy-winning artist said of the collaboration in a statement.
"This is the first time we have created a fragrance for a musician and I can think of no greater talent and no greater gentleman to have done this with," said Adrian Joffe, CEO of Comme des Garcons Parfums SA. "It has been an honor to work with such a creative artist with a great vision which for Comme des Garcons is the most important thing."
Joffe also said that Williams "knew exactly what he wanted the perfume to smell like right from the beginning." More details of the new scent will be released in the coming months.
More Pharrell Williams News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle